stock for 75-125 gallon

1. convict15 Member Member

im just wondering what everyone thinks i should put in a 75-125 gallon tank. should i do a native tank, south american cichlids, africans, huge tropical tank, etc. thx

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum

The difference between 75 and 125 is pretty big, and would greatly influence suggestions. If you have room for a 6 foot tank, then I would absolutely go with the 125.

My 125 is a NW cichlid community, with rainbows, angelicus loaches, roseline sharks and golden wonder killis. I still have to get a pleco or two, and maybe something else.

3. cameronpalte Member Member

I would recommend the 125. You could make it shrimp only tank, with like 500 red cherry shrimp.

You could also try to make it neon tetra's only with 100 neon tetra's would look neat.

A saltwater reef set up would look nice but require tons of research.

-I recommend-
    planted

2(male swordtail)
    6(female swordtail)
    3(male guppy)
    9(female guppy)
    8(neon tetra)
    2(german blue ram)
    2(bristle nose pleco)
    8(panda corydoras catfish)
    8(harlequin rasboras)
    8(longfin gold zebra danio)
    8(julii leapord catfish)

Best of luck with your aquarium!

4. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh the possibilities of fish in a 125g tank. Schools of fish all over, so much color! :D

5. cameronpalte Member Member

Haha:)... I agree. This makes me jealous of this guys tank!

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

If you are going to suggest someone get so many livebearers, you also need to suggest a means of controlling their population. In a planted tank, many more fry are going to survive. There's an added responsibility associated with keeping breeding groups of livebearers.