Stock for 20 gallon long

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Merrick, Aug 9, 2015.

1. MerrickNew MemberMember

2. NympxzieValued MemberMember

Imo tiger barbs need a larger tank and should have at least 10 in a school to prevent nipping or be in a species only tank. The cardinals and tetra will be good together.

3. happygoluckyWell Known MemberMember

You mean cardinals and corys right lol?

4. ricmccWell Known MemberMember

I think that you are pressing it a bit with 8 Tiger Barbs. I think that you might have a nicer looking tank by either upping the number of cardinals, or replacing the barbs with either another small tetra or rasbora.

5. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to fishlore!
    I agree with the above posts. I would remove the tiger barbs and get some centerpiece fish, a ram (which is compatible with the tetras and cories you have) and a dwarf or honey gourami.

6. MerrickNew MemberMember

How many a single one of each or what

7. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes, a single one of each. So 1 ram and 1 small gourami.

8. MerrickNew MemberMember

What do you guys think of instead on cardinals I put in black widow tetras

9. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I personally would go with cardinals over black widows, they are more peaceful or so I have read.

10. MerrickNew MemberMember

Sounds good

11. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

And they're more colorful.... so yeah. lol

12. OvenmittsValued MemberMember

I have two gouramis and I find they are the best fish ever. Very friendly and love to eat out of my hand. I also have two Rams and I am not a fan of those. Very shy.

I have a school of Harlequin Rasboras and I find these are great little fish. More active than the tetras and I like the look of them too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice