Stock Advice (75 Gal)

1. Dycofree Member Member

Hey guys. I currently just have a school of 10 Lemon Tetras in my new 75 gallon tank and will be adding a group of Thoricthys Meeki (6-8 of them) in the coming weeks. The part of my stock plan I know is set is this

10 Lemon Tetra
    6-8 Firemouth
    1 Pleco (probably Bristlenose)

Im looking for more fish for the upper region that get 4"+. I have considered Denison Barbs, Bosemani Rainbows, and Scissortail Rasboras but would love to hear other imput/opinions on those three or any others you might think of. Ill attach a pic below of the tank so you can have a reference

Attached Files:

2. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Are you looking for a school of fish? Or perhaps a centerpiece?

3. Dycofree Member Member

The Firemouths are really the centerpiece of the tank. I just want another small schoolf of bigger swimmers up top to even out the tank

4. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

How about hatchet fish?

5. Dycofree Member Member

Not really what Im looking for. I guess Ive already named the 3 I like most, lol. Just wasnt sure if there were other fish out there that I wasnt away of that was similar in size to them that would work. In a perfect world, I would do Denisons. Just worried that their temp requirements wont match others in the tank

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

5 pearl gouramis? They would be compatible.

7. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

The denison barbs have quite a wide temperature range (59-77) what temp is the tank?

8. ChiefBrody Member Member

Bala sharks are underrated for the purpose you intend in my opinion. They don't get too big and they're active swimmers and they're peaceful and they're attractive

9. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Bala sharks can grow up to 14+" , their massive fish...and are schooling fish which need to be kept in numbers.

10. ChiefBrody Member Member

I mean a smaller labeo species noy necessarily bala. But even those won't really get bigger than 10" in home aquaria
    Red tail black shark
    Labeo bicolor
    Rainbow shark
    Labeo erythrurus

11. Lizardwings Initiate Member

Out of the ones you listed, I'm partial to Bosemanis. They are just so beautiful!

12. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Rainbow sharks don't occupy the top of the tank. Also not a schooling fish

13. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

None of those are schooling fish. Also, bala sharks that get under 10 inches in home aquaria are stunted, because they are not kept in the correct sized aquariums.