StinkyLoaf member interview!

alven

So let's get started! You are being interviewed StinkyLoaf, so answer accordingly! =)

1. Describe yourself in 3 words.

2. What was your first fish?

3. What is your all-time favorite fish?

4. If you could be ANY fish, which fish would you be and why?

5. Favorite candy?

6. If you were given 1 million U.S dollars, which is equivalent to about 760, 560 pounds (correct me if I'm wrong), what would yo do with it??

7. What other activities do you do for fun outside the hobby?

8. What do you dislike most about this hobby?

Everyone else is welcome to question StinkyLoaf as they wish!

Ouse

That was quick! Let’s get started:

1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Tall, finicky and callous.

2. What was your first fish?
I had two first fish, actually. They were veiltail bettas, one was red and the other blue.

3. What is your all-time favorite fish?
A tough decision. Rainbowfish are very cool and that’s an unpopular opinion to have. Strangely, it’s probably yellow rainbowfish.

4. If you could be ANY fish, which fish would you be and why?
Preferably one that’s not in the hobby, as I wouldn’t want to risk having an irresponsible owner. If I would be any fish, I would choose to be a sixgill shark. Why? Because I’d live my life thousands of metres below sea level where humans have no presence. I’d have a relaxing life eating carcasses, with no threat from other predators.

5. Favorite candy?
I really like Haribo Strawberries, particularly the sugar ones. They taste brilliant and are quite big.

6. If you were given 1 million U.S dollars, which is equivalent to about 760, 560 pounds (correct me if I'm wrong), what would yo do with it??
Ensure all of my tanks are perfect as can be, and save any remaining money for the future. Perhaps I could move to somewhere else.

7. What other activities do you do for fun outside the hobby?
My second interest is geography. I don’t particularly like geography lessons in school, but I like learning about the subject for myself. I like drawing maps; I can almost draw a perfect map of the world by memory, just not a political map with country borders. I tend to mess up when I get to Eurasia and Africa.

I also like cats. I’ve made this obvious in other parts of the forum.

Lastly I like playing sports with my friends, but not getting into games. Earlier at lunch me and some friends were kicking a football at each other. I have previously been playing frisbee with other friends.

8. What do you dislike most about this hobby?
Dealing with stocking issues. I’ve had most of my current fish for a long time, dating back to when I was less professional. I’ve managed to crack down on some of the issues recently.

If anyone else has any other questions, please ask. :)

alven

1. Wow. How tall are you lol? People say I'm tall. I'm 5'11" last time I checked. Also "callous"? You think you're a cold person? I've never heard anyone describe themselves like that straight out lol.

2. A veiltail was my first fish as well, but it died under 48 hours lol.

3. authentic choice

4. Hmm. Loner alert

5. I've never had those but they must be good

6. I would do that too

7. That's pretty impressive! Being able to do that from your head

8. I can't really say much bout stocking but I hate the misinformation out there in this hobby

Also, favorite TV show or movie?

MyFishAddiction

Why did you choose StinkyLoaf?
Favorite food?
How long have you been a member of FL, and how did you join?

Ouse

1. Wow. How tall are you lol? People say I'm tall for a 9th grader. I'm 5'11" last time I checked. Also "callous"? You think you're a cold person? I've never heard anyone describe themselves like that straight out lol.
I’m 6’2” and still growing. I am quite a callous person because I feel that many people I know are deficient in the virtues governing a good person. Some people will make random actions of rudeness with no goal. Of course these people are mostly the popular school kids...
Also, favorite TV show or movie?
I don’t watch much TV because English TV is awful. There are too many corny attempts at being funny. However I do like Spongebob. Spongebob is a show I used to watch a lot and I recently became interested in it again because of memes on Instagram. You know those memes nowadays that make absolutely no sense? Those, but with Spongebob.

Thanks GuppyOverlord11 for the questions! Let’s begin:

Why did you choose StinkyLoaf?
Due to my obsession with cats. Fishlore has cat discussions and I began referring to them as “loaves” because of the way they sit. I decided to personalise my account around my cats, coming up with “Stinkyloaf.” Before that I was called CrustyDusty, and others would call me “Crusty” for short.
Favourite food?
Chicken! High Street chicken (the High Street is called the Main Street in the states) is quite nice, but you have to get lucky and choose the right shop; some might be run down. My main criticism of chicken shops is that they’re becoming more popular as this generation begins working, taking up space that many other businesses need. At least the chicken tastes nice. :)
How long have you been a member of FL, and how did you join?
I joined on the 20th of February this year because I had cycling issues. I previously believed that cycling would magically happen on it’s own, but I’m worlds smarter now than I was back then.

alven

I’m 6’2” and still growing. I am quite a callous person because I feel that many people I know are deficient in the virtues governing a good person. Some people will make random actions of rudeness with no goal. Of course these people are mostly the popular school kids...

Dang. Tall dude. I just ignore those type of ppl, they just want attention tbh lol.

Favourite food?
Chicken! High Street chicken (the High Street is called the Main Street in the states) is quite nice, but you have to get lucky and choose the right shop; some might be run down. My main criticism of chicken shops is that they’re becoming more popular as this generation begins working, taking up space that many other businesses need. At least the chicken tastes nice. :)

YES. CHICKENNNN. I don't care what chicken it is, but chicken is chicken and chicken is good. Lol.

Ouse

Dang. Tall dude. I just ignore those type of ppl, they just want attention tbh lol.
In my school there are people that make me look small! :eek:

alven

What the heck? I'm guessing that they're the older kids?

Ouse

What the heck? I'm guessing that they're the older kids?
They’re around my age and in my year group/grade.

Anything else anyone wants to ask me? :)

BigManAquatics

Don't worry. I only feel comfortable around college and pro basketball players...otherwise i am the tallest in the room by a lot 99% of the time....and my shoulders tend to be broad enough most people have to wear shoulder pads to compete lol

Bettaholic

Callous? I don't think so. You were one of the first to welcome me to Fishlore and quick to tell me not to blame myself for a stupid mistake I made. I don't think you're callous at all.

Ouse

Callous? I don't think so. You were one of the first to welcome me to Fishlore and quick to tell me not to blame myself for a stupid mistake I made. I don't think you're callous at all.
You’re not the sort of person I dislike by any means. Try not to be too callous on yourself though.

The sort of people I dislike are those who subtly annoy others thinking it makes them cool.

Ouse

Anybody else got questions? :)

BigManAquatics

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Ouse

Star Wars or Star Trek?
Well, I have to say Star Wars because I’ve only watched it briefly and I’ve never watched Star Trek... :( I don’t really enjoy watching movies or series.

BigManAquatics

Ok, well, how about favorite book or book series?

Ouse

Ok, well, how about favorite book or book series?
The only books I read are in the Guiness Book of World Records series, which I would say is my favourite series. I also scan through a fishkeeping book I have from time to time but that's it.

LadfromLondon

How’s school going? Do you feel you got into the hobby at the right time?

My only regret was that I didn’t get into the hobby while I was still at school. Not that my parents would have allowed it, but I got into it a year after leaving school anyway. I had so much more free time then, god knows where I’d have been in my hobby now!

Catappa

You'd be average in the Netherlands (world's tallest people). I know quite a few people who are (2 meters) 6.5 or taller and a lot of women who are your height or taller. I am a woman, 5 ft 1 (not Dutch) and get teased a lot.
How many cats do you have? Are they moggies?

Ouse

How’s school going? Do you feel you got into the hobby at the right time?
I just got back from half term break and my school is already implementing new rules to the system. As soon as we acclimate to every new system added whenever we return from a break they change it again, meaning I can never adjust to school life. Now they’re trying to implement “silent hallways.” Also this is my third day back at school and each day I’ve received homework; four pieces. Yes, school does interfere with the hobby.

I do hate school... I could go on and on about why I hate it.
How many cats do you have? Are they moggies?
Two cats. :) My tabby long hair cat Willow is quite chunky but my Siamese kitten Oakley (who in a week today will be a year old) isn’t very fluffy or fat, but he does have some stretchy skin! When holding him he squishes his way out and gives me a sharp glare, while Willow will jump and bite your nose. I don’t often hold cats for these reasons.

Kzza

Here’s some more questions :)

1. What is your worst fear?

2. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?

3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

4. Best day of your life?

5. Worst day of your life?

6. biggest regret?

Ouse

1. What is your worst fear?
Probably public humiliation.

While this doesn’t answer the question, really high temperatures is a new fear I gained yesterday when my friend was telling me about his time in Slovakia. It got to 44°C (111°F for you silly Fahrenheit people :p) when he was there! That’s enough to denature enzymes and kill!

I guess really low temperatures also counts as one of my fears if really high temperatures do. My dad once told me about someone he knows up in Canada, who experienced a temperature of -55°C (-67°F) and would die if he spent over five minutes outside, even in several layers of thermal tops and coats. :eek:

But yeah, public humiliation is something I have more reason to fear.

2. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
There’s so much that I could change that picking just one thing to change isn’t going to be easy. I would make people friendlier.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I was physically stronger.

4. Best day of your life?
I had a great day on my 7th birthday, on the 15th of September, 2012. It was warm, sunny, I rode a horse for the first time, I went to a museum and park, I went to a fair and I got my first Nintendo 3DS. I remember playing the 3DS for hours and I still have lots of the games, which I haven’t touched in years. The 3DS snapped some years ago unfortunately.

This was an amazing day and I remember feeling so happy, although nowadays I wouldn’t find this very fun.

5. Worst day of your life?
Don’t know.

6. biggest regret?
Ever using fake plants and substrate in my tanks.

Keep the questions coming guys!

Bettaholic

What are your top five bucket list items? If you could have a dinner party, what 3 people that are no longer with us, would you invite and why?

Ouse

What are your top five bucket list items?
I'm struggling to think of five but I really want a sphynx cat when I'm older. I love cats.

Ouse

Adding to my worst fears: craneflies. I was discussing this recently on the forum and I forgot about these menaces until one flew into my room the other day. I can never get over my fear of craneflies.

I remember coming home from school one time to see my poor garden fence covered in these critters. Poor fence... instead of daring to enter my garden and coming into close quarters with the flies, I waited for my mum to come home so she could do the honours of letting me in the house. My excuse for standing outside for so long was “my key was at the bottom of my school bag” although we all know the reason why I didn’t want to go inside...

Bettaholic

Adding to my worst fears: craneflies. I was discussing this recently on the forum and I forgot about these menaces until one flew into my room the other day. I can never get over my fear of craneflies.

I remember coming home from school one time to see my poor garden fence covered in these critters. Poor fence... instead of daring to enter my garden and coming into close quarters with the flies, I waited for my mum to come home so she could do the honours of letting me in the house. My excuse for standing outside for so long was “my key was at the bottom of my school bag” although we all know the reason why I didn’t want to go inside...
I had to look up a crane fly. We call them mosquito eaters here in the midwest! Learn something new everyday = )

Ouse

Belated, I know, but I’ve been thinking about this recently. This is the fish I said I would prefer to be earlier in the thread: anything in the genus hexanchus. This has not changed.
At the start of this clip you can see the shark get tagged. Unfortunately, as with all marine life, the population is threatened.

Before I got into the hobby I was deeply fascinated with sharks. Perhaps it’s time I get back into them?

Blacksheep1

I know this hasn’t been added to in a while but I’ve been browsing and came across this thread !!
I agree with bettaholic on the callous front , you welcomed me too, gave me advice and told me not to beat myself up.
I’m honestly in awe of your knowledge and how you present for your age , I really don’t mean that condescending, I don’t think age has a direct bearing on either but just wanted to tell you my thought. I’m also with you on the shark fascination !

my question is ;

where’s your dream place to live , with no financial boundaries, and why.

Ouse

my question is ;

where’s your dream place to live , with no financial boundaries, and why.
Thanks! :)

It used to be Canada, then it was Iceland, and now I’m leaning more towards somewhere in Western/Central Europe. I can never have a definite answer to such a question, because my answered place could be a lot different than I expected in terms of living, hence Canada and Iceland are now out of question.

Blacksheep1

Thanks! :)

It used to be Canada, then it was Iceland, and now I’m leaning more towards somewhere in Western/Central Europe. I can never have a definite answer to such a question, because my answered place could be a lot different than I expected in terms of living, hence Canada and Iceland are now out of question.
That’s so very true ! I love travelling and most places don’t live up to the idea in your head, or another will exceed it and surprise you . Somewhere that surprised me with its beauty, culture and people was Croatia ! Well worth a visit if you ever can.

Ouse

If I were to go on holiday, I would preferably avoid the clichéd tourist destinations such as France, Spain and Italy for example. Although Croatia is quite a popular tourist destination, I don’t suppose it matches the standards of the three countries I listed.

My sister went to Bulgaria once, also in the Balkans.

Blacksheep1

If I were to go on holiday, I would preferably avoid the clichéd tourist destinations such as France, Spain and Italy for example. Although Croatia is quite a popular tourist destination, I don’t suppose it matches the standards of the three countries I listed.

My sister went to Bulgaria once, also in the Balkans.
Yeah I get your thinking with those three , although I do love Venice and the amalfi coast.
My parents live in Bulgaria , near Varna but way off the beaten track. It’s a country of vast difference and depends what you want as in beach ( not my thing ) or skiing ( I’m not gifted at that ) or a more culture focused break. Some stunning rural places and some really poor , rundown too. It’s the only place , I know of , that you can drive down a motorway and see a Lamborghini and a horse and cart in a minute !

Ouse

I once watched a YouTube video of a guy staying in Bulgaria. He came back home with lots of ripoff Adidas clothes called “Ladibas.” :D

The beaches are nice, as with any on the Black Sea coast. I’ve never been though.

Blacksheep1

I once watched a YouTube video of a guy staying in Bulgaria. He came back home with lots of fake Adidas clothes called “Ladibas.” :D
Yeah I can imagine :D

The beaches are nice, as with any on the Black Sea coast. I’ve never been though.

It depends on the beach and what you’re looking for imho. But yes there’s some stunning beaches. I prefer the less touristy ones myself but there’s something for everyone !

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
philly27
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views