Still Having A Tough Time Deciding...

1. barandemir09

barandemir09 Valued Member Member

I still can't decide if I should get the seachem tidal 75 or the 110... people say that the 110 makes more noise and it has a lot of bypass when you fill it up with media, but then I think the flow from the 75 might be too little. This sounds crazy but it's going on a 30-35 ish tank (I know it's overkill) but I want the best filtration possible without it being a canister filter (no room for it).

Now the prices do play a large factor here. The 75 is $100 aud, while the 110 is around $150 aud. I also considered two 55s since I heard that they don't have any bypass, but that's costing me around $200 aud... sorry no room for a canister and internals look bad. I did look at the aquaclears and they cost about the same price, even a bit more.

Oh yeah, i think I'll be hooking it up to the side of my tank. Pros and cons of this?

2. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

All filters have bypass. The seachem 110 has like a 1mm space for water to bypass, while at least 95% of the water gets filtered. The 110 doesn't really make a lot of noise, just a low hum just a little louder then the ambient noise and if there is any other noise, you would barely hear it.

3. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

A $100-150 for a HOB?
    Sure, if you dont mind spending that much- go for it, I'm sure they are great. However, if you dont have the money to spend there are a lot of other options that would work just fine. Do weekly 50% water changes and buy a 50.00 HOB. Thats all you need.

4. OP
    OP
    barandemir09

Well yeah Australia is really expensive... canisters are almost always over $200 even second hand lol

5. OP
    OP
    barandemir09

So should I go for the 75 or the 110

6. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

I'd say go for the Seachem Tidal 75. I have a Seachem Tidal 110 on my 29 gallon (with a Aquaclear 50, since I'm seeding the 110), and I would have to turn it way down so it doesn't blow my fish all over the place, so basically it is not filtering to its full capacity.

7. OP
    OP
    barandemir09

Hhmmm idk the 75 is $50 cheaper...