Stiletto Snake

Ipman37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The Stiletto snake (Atractaspis branchi or Branch's Stiletto Snake) a very dangerous snake that can bite you without opening its mouth.I know sounds unbelievable right?.Well it’s true this newly discovered snake found in parts of Africa and the Middle East it can grow up to 20 to 40 inches the snake has the same fangs as a viper (long curved backwards fangs) but when the snake has it’s mouth closed it’s long fangs can stick in and out of the corners of their mouths, allowing these creatures to stab sideways.So you can’t grab these guys from behind the head like you could with other snakes,another thing about these guys are they have cytotoxin venom it’ll cause severe pain, swelling, blistering and in many cases tissue damage it can even melt bone, it’s not generally considered potentially fatal there’s no antivenom for this snake so you’ll be given pain meds to help you out.You can find videos and pictures of the snakes venom melting bone online it’s truly fascinating (in a scientific standpoint).

Link-

Last edited:

Aquilist

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow! That is intriguing and also somewhat terrifying. The results of a bite look awful.

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That’s actually really awesome! Makes you think about how many other undiscovered species of reptiles there are out there. I mean, people thought crested geckos were extinct until 1994!!

I wonder if this crazy dude would take a bite from one of them - he lets his Black Mambas bite him and doesn’t take antivenom for it. Their venom typically kills a person within 20 minutes, but can take up to 3 hours.

I can’t lie, this guy doesn’t look healthy at all - but one of the deadliest snakes in the world can bite him three times and he’s all good hahah

Ipman37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That’s actually really awesome! Makes you think about how many other undiscovered species of reptiles there are out there. I mean, people thought crested geckos were extinct until 1994!!

I wonder if this crazy dude would take a bite from one of them - he lets his Black Mambas bite him and doesn’t take antivenom for it. Their venom typically kills a person within 20 minutes, but can take up to 3 hours.

I can’t lie, this guy doesn’t look healthy at all - but one of the deadliest snakes in the world can bite him three times and he’s all good hahah
I remember a guy who used to let snakes bite him so his body basically built a immunity towards the venom he did look awful too lol but he lived.I wanna see him try a Inland Taipan now that’s a deadly snake the recorded venom held from a single bite of Inland Taipan is 110 mg and the venom is so toxic that just one bite is enough to kill at least 100 human adults or 250 thousand mice if it’s left untreated it has the potential to kill someone in as little as 30 to 45 minutes. Its venom is about 50 times more toxic then the king cobras and that’s higher on the venom chart then a mamba.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom