55 Gallon Tank Stiff unresponsive pleco

Meghanfloof

i have a golden nugget pleco who just got out of quarantine and went into my 55gal, obviously he was a little washed out from the stress and such, and was doing somewhat ok other than me thinking it was a little strange that he was sitting out in the open vs hiding in driftwood. i thought it was just a stress thing. today i wake up and i THINK he’s just sucked himself to a small driftwood ledge near the gravel , so his back is basically on the ground and his fins are all up and locked, which i think plecos do sometimes anyways. but when i nudge him or even touch him and stroke him with my own fingers or push him he doesn’t move and he’s very stiff. i believe he’s sucked because if i gently pull or try and get him out he doesn’t budge... i’m just worried i don’t want him to be dead the day after i put him in. the tank is usually 78-80 degrees , nitrates <20 nitrites 0 ammonia 0

stocking is an angelfish, rummynose, rainbow shark, and an assortment of rainbow fish
it’s a 55gal i’ll get pictures of the pleco once i’m out of class
Meghanfloof said:
i have a golden nugget pleco who just got out of quarantine and went into my 55gal, obviously he was a little washed out from the stress and such, and was doing somewhat ok other than me thinking it was a little strange that he was sitting out in the open vs hiding in driftwood. i thought it was just a stress thing. today i wake up and i THINK he’s just sucked himself to a small driftwood ledge near the gravel , so his back is basically on the ground and his fins are all up and locked, which i think plecos do sometimes anyways. but when i nudge him or even touch him and stroke him with my own fingers or push him he doesn’t move and he’s very stiff. i believe he’s sucked because if i gently pull or try and get him out he doesn’t budge... i’m just worried i don’t want him to be dead the day after i put him in. the tank is usually 78-80 degrees , nitrates <20 nitrites 0 ammonia 0

stocking is an angelfish, rummynose, rainbow shark, and an assortment of rainbow fish
it’s a 55gal i’ll get pictures of the pleco once i’m out of class
also i should say the tank is not new, it’s about a year old

SanDiegoRedneck

Move him find out

Dennis57

I would just go and pull him gently with your hand.

Meghanfloof

Dennis57 said:
I would just go and pull him gently with your hand.
i have tried pulling gently, he’s really on there and i don’t wanna hurt him

SanDiegoRedneck

Meghanfloof said:
i have tried pulling gently, he’s really on there and i don’t wanna hurt him
When dead they dont have strength to hold on. Dead fish usually are just bobbing on bottom or floating on top.

Almost never is a fish dead when in a normal position

kallililly1973

Take the piece of DW out n see if he moves or releases himself

jake37

Give him a day to relax. Why stress him out further trying to remove him ?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom