Sterbai Cory with Bloody Bulging Sore

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by trinnamaree, Jul 1, 2016.

1. trinnamaree

trinnamareeValued MemberMember

Hi all,

Around two weeks ago, I noticed one of my female sterbais had a very small lump (about the size of a tip of a pencil) near her left gill, and it had spot of blood. I assumed she may have just knocked it on some of the rock ornaments, so I have been dosing the tank with Melafix to help the healing process.

However, it has been two weeks now, and the lump appears to be getting larger, and more bloodier. It's now about the size of a sesame seed, and protrudes quite a bit near her fin/gills.

Any idea what this may be? I'm looking into stepping up the medication to a broad spectrum antibiotic, but I'm more so curious as to what it could be.

I'll also add - it doesn't appear to be bothering her. She is still eating, social and active.

Good side:
    image.jpeg

Bad side:
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Looks like a tumour.
    Would explain the "normal" behaviour as well.

3. OP
    OP
    trinnamaree

trinnamareeValued MemberMember

I've never dealt with tumours before. Is it something I should worry about? And would there be anything (other than clean water) to treat/help it?

4. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Sorry to say but I am
    afraid there isn't much you can do about a tumor.
    Clean water and esha 2000 when there is a secundairy infection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice