Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5-10

Tank mates:
2 GBR
9 neon tetra
3 sterbai Cory
3 otos

Okay so I purchased some Cory’s a few months ago, 2 of them had damaged fins, one had a bit off it’s dorsal fin the other had a lot off the dorsal, tail and pectoral fins,
I took them home and decided to give them time to try heal by them self’s, this hasn’t worked, both the damaged Cory’s fins haven’t gotten worse but they have not healed either, what steps should I take?
I can’t see any signs of fin rot or fungus?

Attachments

Jordan thomas

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
Almost looks as if it is nipped of.
What are you feeding it?
My Cory’s get fed vege wafers and jbl Novo tabs, probably picks up come tetra color and tropical micro pellets aswell, I know my Cory isn’t getting nipped in my tank as I it like this, just concerned as it is not getting better.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey Jordan, I didn't mean it got / gets nipped in your tank but earlier (instead of finrot).

I'd swap the veg wafers for something different (they are on the carnivorious sude of the spectrum) with more protein based food, keep the water clean (what is the temp as they like warm water / the other stocking doesn't btw). Let's see what happens.
Jordan thomas said:
My Cory’s get fed vege wafers and jbl Novo tabs, probably picks up come tetra color and tropical micro pellets aswell, I know my Cory isn’t getting nipped in my tank as I it like this, just concerned as it is not getting better.

Jordan thomas

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
Hey Jordan, I didn't mean it got / gets nipped in your tank but earlier (instead of finrot).

I'd swap the veg wafers for something different (they are on the carnivorious sude of the spectrum) with more protein based food, keep the water clean (what is the temp as they like warm water / the other stocking doesn't btw). Let's see what happens.
Sorry for the misunderstanding standing
I’ll pick up some higher protein foods tomorrow, the novo tabs have a decent amount and any bloodworms that make it to the floor are free game for them,
The tank sits at 80-82f which is fine for my rams, otos and sterbai, the neons are in this tank temporarily as their tank blew the whole front panel off and out of 47 neons I could only save 9, I do two 25% water changes a week and my nitrates never get over 10, tank is heavily planted too.

Attachments

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No problem !! Novotabs are perfect but a more variaty maybe could do the job.

Otos like it a bit cooler to my knowledge but okay.

Rest is perfect so I'd expect a regrow !!!
Good luck.
Jordan thomas said:
I’ll pick up some higher protein foods tomorrow, the novo tabs have a decent amount and any bloodworms that make it to the floor are free game for them,
The tank sits at 80-82f which is fine for my rams, otos and sterbai, the neons are in this tank temporarily as their tank blew the whole front panel off and out of 47 neons I could only save 9, I do two 25% water changes a week and my nitrates never get over 10, tank is heavily planted too.

Jordan thomas

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:

DoubleDutch said:
No problem !! Novotabs are perfect but a more variaty maybe could do the job.

Otos like it a bit cooler to my knowledge but okay.

Rest is perfect so I'd expect a regrow !!!
Good luck.
just a quick note on the otos, these ones have been tank bred and have been in 80-82f for a few generations according to the breeder if they were wild caught it would be a different story

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom