Sterbai Cory Alternatives

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I really want to breed sterbai corys, but if none of my lfs have them (plan for the worst :() then I don't want to order because of DOA and shipping costs. What are some alternatives that would fit in a 20g long and have the same care and breeding requirements? I would prefer types that are not overbred. If there are any differences besides appearance, plz lmk what they are. Thanks!

fjh

Are any of your LFS willing to order the for you? most "mom and pop" stores are willing to order upon request. And even Petsmart carry sterbas cories so that surprises me.

If not, lets start with what catfish do they carry?

AcornTheBetta

fjh said:
Are any of your LFS willing to order the for you? most "mom and pop" stores are willing to order upon request. And even Petsmart carry sterbas cories so that surprises me.

IDK. I have to call I can get back to u after I call.

AcornTheBetta

fjh said:

They have:
Julii corys
Albino corys
Panda corys
Peppered corys
Which of those are easy to care for and breed and are not overbred?

DoubleDutch

They are all tank and some even linebred (albinos) for ages.

Most " recent " are the C.trilineatus what the C.julii will actually be.

AcornTheBetta

DoubleDutch said:
They are all tank and some even linebred (albinos) for ages.

Most " recent " are the C.trilineatus what the C.julii will actually be.
So do you think out of all of those the Julii (False juliis?) would be the best for me?

DoubleDutch

AcornTheBetta said:
So do you think out of all of those the Julii (False juliis?) would be the best for me?
I think they are. Mainly cause you will be able to sell youngster. The others you will hardly get rid of. The reasaon why I stopped breeding Aeneus.

fjh

I would say either panda or julii. I agree, the albino (aeneus) are very inbred.

AcornTheBetta

fjh said:
I would say either panda or julii. I agree, the albino (aeneus) are very inbred.
I have also heard panda's are overbred. I think imma go with the julii

DoubleDutch

AcornTheBetta said:
I have also heard panda's are overbred. I think imma go with the julii
As said : they're definitely NOT julii

AcornTheBetta

DoubleDutch said:
As said : they're definitely NOT julii
How do you know/why?

DoubleDutch

AcornTheBetta

DoubleDutch said:
Read this

Thanks! his is all u have to read "Probably the most misidentified fish commonly found in aquatic retailers who incorrectly sell it as C. julii. The true C. julii is such a rare import that sheer numbers mean you are unlikely to really encounter this Brazilian fish. "

AcornTheBetta

DoubleDutch are real?

DoubleDutch

I am now 7 years member on this forum and several others and I've only seen real C.julii on the UK forum (with experts and not.sold in a LFS) and hundreds of mislabeled C.trilineatus all over the world.
Still don't understand the mislabeling and I think the name C.trilineatus is even more beautiful hahahhaha.

AcornTheBetta

DoubleDutch said:
I am now 7 years member on this forum and several others and I've only seen real C.julii on the UK forum (with experts and not.sold in a LFS) and hundreds of mislabeled C.trilineatus all over the world.
Still don't understand the mislabeling and I think the name C.trilineatus is even more beautiful hahahhaha.
Yeah I agree. I like em and they sound more unique.

Top Bottom