Staurogyne Repens

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi all, i just did get invitro Staurogyne Repens, and read that it can grow on rocks and wood. I would like to attach some on lava stone that covers coconut shell. So did anyone tried to attach? Do you have any pictures?

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have always grown S. repens planted. Growing them attached is news to me. I looked it up and sure enough, it's true. I don't know anyone on here who has done it, though. I do have stem plant clippings (not Staurogyne, but another repens I think) that I dump into another tank, and it continues to grow floating, so I guess I shouldn't be entirely surprised.

@SeattleRoy or @Jocelyn Adelman might be of better help.

ZeeZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have some in a 5 gallon but I don't know if it'll carpet as I just bought it. It needs high light to do that. Otherwise it grows up into a stalk plant in low-med light.

So you'll need a good light for it.

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ZeeZ said:
I have some in a 5 gallon but I don't know if it'll carpet as I just bought it. It needs high light to do that. Otherwise it grows up into a stalk plant in low-med light.

So you'll need a good light for it.
Light is medium but i plan to upgrade it. And the thing is that i really dont want to carpet the floor but to attach it to lava stone like "hill" and make it grow on that. So i want to know did anyone try that and what was results.

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think i will put some on a ground and some on lava rock if i see it is growing or at least surviving there i will replant it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom