Staurogyne repens and cryptocoryne wendtii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I bought a pack of each from petsmart the ones that are in the gel.(sorry I threw it away already so no pictures ) I was wondering how to separate the plants since they're so small

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You wash the gel off as best you can (its non toxic though). I usually separate out or cut mine into three or four segments at the combined root base. Then you can plant into the substrate. If you have any plant weights they're very helpful for holding them down.

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I bought the same Staurogyne gel pack from petsmart. I found that if you look carefully some of the pieces were actually tangled together. Just carefully untangle them as best you can. The weird chunks are basically the root base, and youll want to keep them in tact until the plant grows out some, and then you can start taking clippings and replant them.

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I did wash the gel and separated it the best I could but there's like big chunks that look weird lol can I separate the staurogyne repens into individual strands
No, you wouldn't want to do that. For one, it would be very difficult to do. Also, they look really pretty as clumps. I'll take a pic of a couple of mine that I've had for awhile.

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I believe you can, it should develop little roots. You can let the clippings float for a few days to encourage new roots so they're easier to replant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom