Starting Up The 29

1. W

Will170 Valued Member Member

Posted a question yesterday regarding moving my fish to a bigger aquarium.
    Got everything all set up. Just waiting for the water to cool off. Here's how it looks af852c1c230c83881401eb1feae8e2a3.jpg

Got 3 caves for each Pictus if they choose, running two hob filters with sponges on the intake, a heater on each side preset to 78 a digital thermometer and the air stone. Do you think there's too many decorations?

Just a quick update. Everyone is in the 29. 2 of the Pictus are glass surfing which could mean a few things. I think they are a tad stressed from moving tanks. The parameters are actually identical to the parameters from the old tank. There is a temp difference of a few degrees. Hopefully they will be fine. Everyone else is swimming around as usual

2. Philippians 4:13

Philippians 4:13 Well Known Member Member

Looking good!

3. Snake88

Snake88 Valued Member Member

Looks good to me ... kudos on some really clear water.

4. OP
    OP
    W

Thank you, that was taken as soon as I was finished filling it up with water, the tank I transferred the fish from looked just as clear.

5. R

Racing1113 Well Known Member Member

Personally I think it's a little crowded with decorations

6. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

I disagree the decorations look nice.

7. OP
    OP
    W

See I was thinking that. I just wanted to make sure the catfish had a lot of cover

8. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Looks good maybe take a couple of the shorter plants and add a couple of taller plants??? Not totally sure....

9. OP
    OP
    W

Actually not a bad idea

10. R

That's fine that you disagree :) I wouldn't have said anything if he hadn't specifically asked that question. Not sure why you had to respond directly to me that you disagreed, could have just commented to OP that you think it looks good.

11. Snake88

Its all good ... everyone has their own tastes. Personally I enjoy a bright coloured tank.. especially with the freshwater tropical fish thats available to me, they arent usually too colourfull anyway lol

12. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I think It needs less short plants but needs some taller plants IMO.

13. Snake88

8844bdf101f4290f1d27e06e78e479f4.jpg this is my 55g .. plenty of colours lol

14. OP
    OP
    W

I hope to have a 55 soon

I guess I could pick a few up and see how they like it.
    Thanks for the idea

15. R

Haha I totally agree!! I want to get a saltwater tank sooooo badly, mostly because of how colorful the fish are!

16. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

ya with some high plants I think it'll be perfect.

17. Snake88

I had a 20 gal first and I find the 55 easier to care for

18. OP
    OP
    W

The only problem I'm having now is maintaining a steady temp. The 20 held at 78.1.
    This 29 is slowly losing temp and stalled around 76.6 and 76.7

19. Snake88

Maybe look into getting a bigger heater. They usually say on the packaging what size they are best suited for

20. OP
    OP
    W

If I remember correctly Both heaters are for 20. Or maybe one is for 20 and the other is for ten
    I have a heater on both sides of the tank as well as a filter
    Edit:Tank stabilized at 77.8. Which is fine with me
    Now I gotta get this 20 up and going again Bc one of the mollys is prego, and I'm sure the other won't be far behind