Starting New Tank. Suggestions Please.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by sasha94, Aug 8, 2014.

1. sasha94

sasha94 Valued Member Member

I am cycling a 150 gallon tank. Im trying to figure out what fish I want in the tank. Right now I would like to put

a pleco
    2 angelfish
    3 pictus catfish
    a rainbow shark
    zebra danios
    harlequin rasboras
    cherry barbs
    otos
    and rummynose tetras .

I have silica sand mixed with some eco complete. I would like to add some bushy aquatic plants that need low to moderate light. I also have some driftwood.

I would like to know if anyone has had any success on keeping pictus catfish with a bunch of small fish like these.

Would the angelfish also try to eat the smaller fish?

The rainbow shark should be okay right?

I really don't want to have to choose between the pictus catfishes and the schools of small fish ._.

If I have to choose I'll choose the pictus catfish and I would like to know what schools of larger fish would be nice for this tank.

Suggestions please.

2. I love my puffer

I love my puffer Valued Member Member

I'd suggest to be on the safe side a larger schooling fish. You can try it out. Make sure your tank is also heavily planted. As some of these fish are VERY territorial. Please also make sure youresearch these fish thoroughly to make sure that you can meet all their requirements.

3. G

GuyCO Valued Member Member

If the angelfish is small enough he wont eat a smaller fish, but once hes grown he will. I recently bought three angelfish they are really nice. If youre going to buy only two angelfish be aware that you might have to relocate one if theyre both male. Thats why I bought three.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. OP
    OP
    sasha94

sasha94 Valued Member Member

ok. thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice