Starting A Nano Reef Building Job

CHAMELEON_BREEZE

Hi! I'm still looking for a job to get enough money to stay in this hobby. However, I'm only 14 and I currently only have $600. To raise that, I'm thinking of building nano tanks (fresh or salt) for people (friends, family members, teachers, strangers, etc). I should get paid a good price, as freshwater nanos usually go for $60 and nano reefs go for $100 or more. How can I get this started.

CaptAnnDuchow

Being 14 I'm sure you have a facebook. Start there with some advertising. Use pics of your tanks for examples of what you can do.

Jesterrace

Not a bad idea, although you definitely need to get your name out there. Put an ad on craigslist and check and see if there are any local Oahu Facebook groups that buy and sell equipment and put one there. Once you get a few builds behind you, you may start building enough of a reputation to get word of mouth business from friends of friends, etc. As long as they understand the time process involved. Another thing you could look into doing would be the possibility of maintaining tanks since it wouldn't require someone to commit to a new hobby, merely taking care of what someone else already has. Just be aware that it will likely be on bigger tanks and be a sizeable job.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tommywantfishy
Replies
Views
Our Aqua
Replies
Views
nfeuerhelm
Replies
Views