Starting 2nd Tank

MSteel

Reaction score
In May of 2005 some friends of ours were moving and were going to “flush their fish” if we didn't take them. An avid animal lover, I remembered that my dad had Oscars when I was little and we decided to take their fish since the aquariums were part of the deal. What we got was a 1 gal tank with a 3” pleco and a 1” cory cat and a bowl with a Beta. YIKES!!! We bought a 5 gal and soon realized we just needed a bigger tank and bought a 60 gal and added another cory, some platies and a school of tetras – they were a ton of fun!

Well, as luck would have it we moved over the summer and my beloved fish found their way to new aquarium homes. I’ve just set up our tank, we have an Emperor Bio-Wheel 400 and a Fluval 304 for our filtration system – they say you can’t over filter. I decided to forego rocks and used aquarium silicone to secure our fake plants to encourage a cleaner tank.

I think this time around I’d like to have a couple of angelfish and go from there. But for now our tank is starting to cycling process sans fish.

I also show our dogs, have two cats and a Congo African Grey parrot.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! How big is your tank? A pair of angels would be happy in a 30 gal. tank.

OP
M

MSteel

Reaction score
Gunnie,

60 gallon (I added that to my signature).

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore. I have 8 angels in my 100gal tank and Love it. They are some of the funest fish to watch, and some of the most atractive also.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fish Lore A pair of Angelfish would definitely be happy in a tank of 60 gallons

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore.. you'll find a really cool, knowledgeable bunch of people on this site, and since you seem to be pretty cool people yourself, you'll enjoy it here.

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MSteel said:
In May of 2005 some friends of ours were moving and were going to “flush their fish” if we didn't take them. An avid animal lover, I remembered that my dad had Oscars when I was little and we decided to take their fish since the aquariums were part of the deal. What we got was a 1 gal tank with a 3” pleco and a 1” cory cat and a bowl with a Beta. YIKES!!! We bought a 5 gal and soon realized we just needed a bigger tank and bought a 60 gal and added another cory, some platies and a school of tetras – they were a ton of fun!

Well, as luck would have it we moved over the summer and my beloved fish found their way to new aquarium homes. I’ve just set up our tank, we have an Emperor Bio-Wheel 400 and a Fluval 304 for our filtration system – they say you can’t over filter. I decided to forego rocks and used aquarium silicone to secure our fake plants to encourage a cleaner tank.

I think this time around I’d like to have a couple of angelfish and go from there. But for now our tank is starting to cycling process sans fish.

I also show our dogs, have two cats and a Congo African Grey parrot.
Welcome to Fishlore! Is your tank cycled?

New Threads