Start

1. fletch Member Member

Ok i'll start this off. I currently have a guppy who hasnt given birth in 2 1/2 months and she has recently become pregnant. The only other male livebearer in the tank is a sword tail. Could I possibly get any strange combinations coming from this or is my guppy just fat?

2. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I'd guess your guppy is pregnant by your swordtail. That's pretty cool--maybe you'll get guppies with swords!

3. Jason Well Known Member Member

Yeah you could as my male guppy is trying to mate with my female swordtail and ive seen pictures of guppies with swords

4. joe Member Member

thats tight

5. fletch Member Member

why is it tight, no one made them shag, they did it themselves

6. joe Member Member

because it is, tight is cool

7. Jason Well Known Member Member

fair enough

8. fletch Member Member

oh, so tight (toy t) rather than tight (tie t) then?

9. Jason Well Known Member Member

Dont try and understand it-do it like me and just say ok and move-on. Must be one of the school things, because there are always wird words going aroung and it changes so often- nobody knows what they mean they just say it

10. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

American slang. Tight is cool. Tight is a good thing.

11. fletch Member Member

British slang too, its just if you say it differently it means something different. Londoners will have a different way of saying it than someone from Bristol and it means something different. Thats the reason for the phonetics

12. Jon Well Known Member Member

very cool i didnt know they would naturally breed with each other... hmm are u sure she is pregnant?

13. RoboDude Member Member

I think he'd know by now! Months and months ago he announced it!

14. kerryve Member Member

I know this is a really old post but I had a femal guppy in a tank by herself, about two months later she had babies - they store sperm and then when they feel like it - fertilize themselves! weird hey?