Stars under usernames?

angelfish220
What are all the stars poping up mean? they are under everyone's user name. most have gold stars but the people who post the most have different colors. this might sound dumb but does anyone know what they mean and how they got there?

Nags1965
What are all the stars poping up mean? they are under everyone's user name. most have gold stars but the people who post the most have different colors. this might sound dumb but does anyone know what they mean and how they got there?

Hmmm this is kinda sad.. I never noticed the stars till you just pointed it out LOL. Perhaps it has to do with the number of posts a person has?

Nags1965
I did some snooping and found this. Hope it helps.

What the stars signify under user names

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see stars! I just added stars under user names in the posts... The color and amount depends on how many posts you've made.

Newbie - 1
Fish Bum (25 posts) - 2
Fish Helper (100 posts) - 3
Fish Addict (300 posts) - 4
Fish Keeper (500 posts) - 5
Fish Mentor (2000 posts) - 5
Fish Master (5000 posts) - 5
Fishlore Magazine Author (no min posts) - 5
Moderators - 5

Just something fun to do.
Mike

My Aquariums

I have no idea how to link to posts in different threads so I just did a C&P of a mods answer to your star question.

purple_phoenix
They've only been there since this morning

This was a thread made by a moderator explaining what they all mean (most of them do depend on the number of posts you have):

purple_phoenix
I did some snooping and found this. Hope it helps.

What the stars signify under user names

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see stars! I just added stars under user names in the posts... The color and amount depends on how many posts you've made.

Newbie - 1
Fish Bum (25 posts) - 2
Fish Helper (100 posts) - 3
Fish Addict (300 posts) - 4
Fish Keeper (500 posts) - 5
Fish Mentor (2000 posts) - 5
Fish Master (5000 posts) - 5
Fishlore Magazine Author (no min posts) - 5
Moderators - 5

Just something fun to do.
Mike

My Aquariums

I have no idea how to link to posts in different threads so I just did a C&P of a mods answer to your star question.

Got there before me

Nags1965
Got there before me

I should snoop around some more and find out how you post a link to a post in different forum..

This style of posting board is different for me and I don't have it all figured out yet LOL.

purple_phoenix
If you click the picture of the world above the message box, then just copy and paste the link of the other thread into it.

I don't like it when everything gets moved around either. You get used to something, then it gets changed again...

hssea
stars ??

What are the little stars for under our names? Just wondering

susitna-flower
Mike did a post about this just today....

It has to do with how many posts you have, or if you are a moderator......

COBettaCouple
The stars were a long time feature of Fishlore before the upgrade to vBulletin last September. Mike's brought them back and got them working with vBulletin.

Tom
The stars were a long time feature of Fishlore before the upgrade to vBulletin last September. Mike's brought them back and got them working with vBulletin.

Upon yours and my joking around about it too. But Mike is always doing a great job of keeping this forum up and running for all of us.
Tom

Nikita
Hello,

I would like to ask: Why are the stars not appearing between my Username and my green block?

One was there the other day and then it disappeared. I noticed a few other members don't have them either.

Did I not turn on something? What's happening?

-Nikita

AnthonyC4C
You have 2 stars there that I can see right now

kinezumi89
HI Nikita! It's based on the number of posts you have. I forget the exact cutoffs, but I think it's green at 2000 and red at 5000. Mods have blue stars.

The green blocks are about reputation points, if you didn't know. You start with one, and get one for every 100 points thereafter.

Edit: Regarding the disappearing star; sometimes mods will condense posts if you post more than once in succession. So you may have been just at the cutoff for two stars, then a mod condensed a few posts, dropping you below the cutoff. You increase in yellow stars every 100 points (I'm pretty sure) until you reach five, then they start to change color instead (as per my first paragraph). I thought you meant about the differences between colored stars and small yellow stars, but I see that's not what you meant. Ignore the first paragraph

ryanr
HI Nikkita,
I too can see two stars under your name.
What browser are you using to view the forum? It may be an issue an with your browser.

AnthonyC4C
EVERY 100 points...kinezumi...you bes be hookin a brotha up..I got a long way to go to even get 2 bars...

kinezumi89
LOL you don't get just one point every time someone gives you positive rep. I don't know this for sure, but from experience (IE reading comments by people who left their names) it seems that people with more reputation points leave more reputation points. IE someone with four blocks might leave four points, whereas someone with only one block leaves one point. (I made these numbers up as an example.) It would make sense, to prevent people from making an account to give themselves rep, or a friend joining to give rep, etc.

I'm sure someone will be able to answer more concretely. I tend to not pay attention to points until it starts getting close to the next multiple of 100 and every time I see "new notifications" I always cross my fingers that it's rep comments

I try to be very generous with reputation. I think with the advent of the "like" button people use that instead of giving rep. If someone has an informative post that is clear and concise, I try to remember to give rep.

Edit: Oops, ninja-ed

AnthonyC4C
LoL... when I give rep its 1 point.... when you give rep its 20 ....O0

kinezumi89
I am by far not the most reputable person on the forum! I just post a lot ;D I've only been here since February of last year. I don't know how much I leave, but I always sign my comments (maybe not negative feedback) so I'll have to ask someone

AnthonyC4C
LoL.... I'm pure genius....(sarcasm)...

ryanr
Let's all remember the OP
Trying to establish why Nikita isn't seeing any stars (not what they mean etc )
I have now checked in IE and Firefox, and I'm seeing the stars.

kinezumi89
I'm seeing the stars in Chrome

ryanr
can anyone with tapatalk or Forum Runner check?
I have a feeling (hunch/suspicion/guess) maybe mobile devices don't display

kinezumi89
I've used my phone, but just the browser, and not had a problem. (None of those apps.)

Nikita
Hello and tank you all for the words! Thanks for the links Lucy

My stars now seem to have appeared. But it was weird, when I had below 50 posts (Which says I should've had one star with), I didn't have a star at all. It was weird. I'm using Mozilla BTW.

Thanks again everyone.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
smee82
Replies
Views
ValerieAdams
Replies
Views
damsoniriswife
Replies