Starry Night (L-59) Pleco?

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey all. I have a 29gal tank that I am just about completely redoing. The only things remaining the same about this tank are my SA bumblebee catfish, seven tiger barbs and the triceratops skull that is my son's (and at least one piece of the driftwood that was in there). I am going to be doing this tank heavily planted and my stocking will include the BBC, tiger barbs and a pair of German blue rams. Now, I know the BBC is a basic scavenger, but I was cruising liveaquaria and saw the little starry night (L-59) pleco for $13 and fell in love! It's just so cute!! Could I fit one of those into my 29gal with the stocking list I have?

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The only thing I coud see wrong is the pleco eating the plants, that and the fact that liveaquaria seems to be out of stock of them.

That's just my personal experience with my plecos they seem to eat every plant that goes in with them. Or at least try.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, I saw the out of stock thing when I went to see what the total would be for the pleco and some plants. Grrr! Oh well. I think it depends on the type of pleco as to whether or not it will eat plants. I know someone that has BNs and they leave his plants completely alone. I know commons are notorious plant destroyers, though.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads