My 5g Shrimp and Chili tank

20210718_230925.jpg
My 9g Betta tank

20210718_231109.jpg
My 55g Val Kingdom

20210718_230949.jpg

connorjs1004

The betta tank looks amazing!
Are you planning on stocking the 55 with any more fish?

StarGirl

The betta tank looks amazing!
Are you planning on stocking the 55 with any more fish?
There is actually more than it looks like....lol I may be trading it for a 40B at some point.

RedOnion

Those vals look AMAZING!

BigManAquatics

Ah, and without the Incubus playing in the background :)

Lovely tanks!

Fisch

Those vals look AMAZING!
Yes, I am absolutely jaelous....always wanted vals but they don't like it in my tanks :(

jmaldo

Clap.jpg

Looking Good!
My favorite a "Val" jungle.

Fisch

I

20210718_230925.jpg
My 9g Betta tank

20210718_231109.jpg
My 55g Val Kingdom

20210718_230949.jpg
In your Betta tank what is the leafy plant on the right side?

Mhamilton0911

Really nice! They all look so clean and organized. My tanks look like that for a week, then jungle, lol.

StarGirl

I

In your Betta tank what is the leafy plant on the right side?
Its a Taiwan Lotus is what the lfs said.
Really nice! They all look so clean and organized. My tanks look like that for a week, then jungle, lol.
Oh the 55 is a jungle by water change day...I just cleaned them before the pics. ..lol

emilymg

Those vals are incredible! I’m jealous :).

Mudminnow

Those are simple, clean, good looking tanks. I especially like the 55 gallon; it makes me think of a little calm eddy in a river somewhere.

Suezookeeper

20210718_230925.jpg
My 9g Betta tank

20210718_231109.jpg
My 55g Val Kingdom

20210718_230949.jpg
Your tanks are so beautiful. I hope mine look half as nice as yours

StarGirl

You will get plenty of ideas hanging around here, you can count on it... ;)

Leeman75

The Legendary StarGirl Vals!! They do not disappoint in the least bit!! Very nice!!

StarGirl

The 5g is looking a bit more wild these days. I added a pair of Scarlet Badis and some Naraja grass to it. I put the pot broken in 1/2 back in the 55.

The 55g I am in the process of switching the gravel out for sand. Its pretty sketchy right at this moment. I sold a bunch of the Vals to tame the jungle some! ;)

20210808_173418.jpg
Lol

Leeman75

The 5g is looking a bit more wild these days. I added a pair of Scarlet Badis and some Naraja grass to it. I put the pot broken in 1/2 back in the 55.

The 55g I am in the process of switching the gravel out for sand. Its pretty sketchy right at this moment. I sold a bunch of the Vals to tame the jungle some! ;)

20210808_173418.jpg
Lol
How are you finding the Scarlet Badis fish so far? My sons have their hearts set on getting a couple of those or the Black Tigers for their 10 gallon tank.

StarGirl

How are you finding the Scarlet Badis fish so far? My sons have their hearts set on getting a couple of those or the Black Tigers for their 10 gallon tank.
They are very small. They dont bother the Chilis but chase the shrimp some. The shrimp have been hiding since I put them in there. They are cool looking little fish though!

Leeman75

They are very small. They dont bother the Chilis but chase the shrimp some. The shrimp have been hiding since I put them in there. They are cool looking little fish though!
When they get them, they will be in with an Oto and some Harlequin Rasboras. I can't imagine there would be too much conflict there.

StarGirl

When they get them, they will be in with an Oto and some Harlequin Rasboras. I can't imagine there would be too much conflict there.
No probably not. The little male has little fish syndrome though and flares all the time.....lol
No probably not. The little male has little fish syndrome though and flares all the time.....lol
Oh they can be picky eaters too. Mine eat whatever though.

squish123

Very nice.

StarGirl

New pics from today. All sand now.

20210908_200524.jpg
9g

20210908_200543.jpg
5g

20210908_200553.jpg
55g

Eaton

What fertilisers are you using for those vals ?because mine just melt

StarGirl

What fertilisers are you using for those vals ?because mine just melt
I think Vals are tricky they either like your water and substrate or they dont. I think they tend towards harder water. Mine is 8.2 pH/ 15 GH/ 9 KH.
I have sand that was gravel a few weeks ago. (have to see if they like the sand as much)
I just use Thrive C liquid fert once a week at water change. Thats it besides dechlor.

Edit.........In the 55 and 9 I use root tabs for the Rotalla and Lotus plants.

Eaton

Ah that would explain it I have like ph 6.5
What brand of root tabs?

StarGirl

Ah that would explain it I have like ph 6.5
What brand of root tabs?
I have Thrive tabs that I have been using. Flourish are garbo. I just ordered some from Vishaquatics the forum sponsor, his brand, and am trying those. He is a plant master you should try some of his!

Lucy

Your tanks look great! I love the sand.
Not a jungle like someone I know :rolleyes:

StarGirl

Your tanks look great! I love the sand.
Not a jungle like someone I know :rolleyes:
Thanks!

StarGirl

Vid of the 9g today.

Otomatic

New pics from today. All sand now.

20210908_200524.jpg
9g

20210908_200543.jpg
5g

20210908_200553.jpg
55g
I’m curious what sand you are using? Looks great

StarGirl

I’m curious what sand you are using? Looks great
Stoney River Premium Aquarium Substrate. (Not the Sand) Its a little bit larger than sand. I really like it so far. Easy to clean because it doesnt fly around like sand does.

Otomatic

Stoney River Premium Aquarium Substrate. (Not the Sand) Its a little bit larger than sand. I really like it so far. Easy to clean because it doesnt fly around like sand does.
I googled “ Stoney River Premium Aquarium Substrate”, and all that came up was the gravel and the tiny sand. Do you have a link?

StarGirl

I got it at my lfs. I think it is a hard to come by thing. I googled it and only got sand too. It says substrate on the bag. It is like really really small stones.

jmaldo

thumbs up.jpg Beautiful!
I want one. Send it my way, after all it's Christmas, time for giving. LOL
Especially the RTL.

Clap.jpg

Linda1234

I googled “ Stoney River Premium Aquarium Substrate”, and all that came up was the gravel and the tiny sand. Do you have a link?
This is a link to their website; the company is estes:
Natural Aquarium Gravel, Pebbles, & Other Substrate | Estes Aquatic Sand

Navigation is a bit confusing select the type of gravel you want to look at (natural-aquarium-gravel, colour, ...) at the top then scroll the very bottom to see the different types under the category.

The black substrate I like (not sure if this is the one StarGirl has) is under marine substrate; most (not all) of their marine substrates are inert and fine for freshwater.

Otomatic

This is a link to their website; the company is estes:
Natural Aquarium Gravel, Pebbles, & Other Substrate | Estes Aquatic Sand

Navigation is a bit confusing select the type of gravel you want to look at (natural-aquarium-gravel, colour, ...) at the top then scroll the very bottom to see the different types under the category.

The black substrate I like (not sure if this is the one StarGirl has) is under marine substrate; most (not all) of their marine substrates are inert and fine for freshwater.
Thank you, this is very helpful.

StarGirl

Update....my tanks look different in just a few months.... :D
I moved plants around today in the 5 and 55. Just trimmed a few tops off the Luds in the 9.

Put the Lotus and a few dw lettuce in the 5. Trying to make a more fun scape for a tail biter...:mad:

Put the Myrio and Lud clips in the 55. Pretty happy so far with the results.

5 before

20220102_093847.jpg
5 after

20220102_150121.jpg

9g

20220102_150249.jpg
55g

20220102_184925.jpg

BigManAquatics

Update....my things look different in just a few months.... :D
I moved plants around today in the 5 and 55. Just trimmed a few tops off the Luds in the 9.

Put the Lotus and a few dw lettuce in the 5. Trying to make a more fun scape for a tail biter...:mad:

Put the Myrio and Lud clips in the 55. Pretty happy so far with the results.

5 before

20220102_093847.jpg
5 after

20220102_150121.jpg

9g

20220102_150249.jpg
55g

20220102_184925.jpg
I like that log in the 5, where from? Also like the way you put it as a "pipeline"!

StarGirl

I like that log in the 5, where from? Also like the way you put it as a "pipeline"!
One of my lfs. I made sure to put the hole in the sand so dippy doesnt get stuck. Looks like he already has a scrape on his head. :cool:

Fisch

I love the 'drama' in the 5gl. Amazing how the lotus changed the scape. Fantastic job :)

crackerjax

20210718_230925.jpg
My 9g Betta tank

20210718_231109.jpg
My 55g Val Kingdom

20210718_230949.jpg
Wow! those look nice, I can't wait to get my plants going
to do my 3-55gal tanks.

OutsideFoodBlob

If anyone refers to sponge filters as looking “untidy” in a tank I will refer them to your gorgeous tanks. Only the bubbles at the top give them away. Brava! Plus I might poach the behind large rock foil myself.

StarGirl

If anyone refers to sponge filters as looking “untidy” in a tank I will refer them to your gorgeous tanks. Only the bubbles at the top give them away. Brava! Plus I might poach the behind large rock foil myself.
The 9g only has a air stone. The 5g and 55g has a sponge. :)

Linda1234

For reference this is a picture from a 29 with a sponge filter:

sponge.jpg
you can see the sprout if you look carefully. Of course many people find a tank that densely planted undesirable.

StarGirl

55g re-boot. I like it so far.

20220117_183355.jpg

Smalltownfan

I liked the original Val setup and am going to copy it. But, the latest version is great.

StarGirl

I liked the original Val setup and am going to copy it. But, the latest version is great.
By all means copy away....It gets boring after awhile lol.

JLAquatics

55g re-boot. I like it so far.

20220117_183355.jpg
Hey StarGirl! I don't see your tanks often but I am glad to see you are able to grow more types of plants in your 55! As always your Vals are looking nice but the other plants give your scape some really nice texture and character. Just wait until that Dwarf Lily grows larger, then you will really have a showstopper of a tank!

You have seen it is possible to grow plants in Michigan water so you should keep me updated on how this tank does after a while friend. :)

On another note you should try growing some Pearlweed sometime. I bet you would have great success with it and you can grow it like a carpet too in some of your tanks. I literally cannot stop this stuff from growing in all my setups, even without CO2 injection. It also looks fantastic to boot as well. ;)

StarGirl

Put the 50w Marina heater in the 5g tank because the preset wasn't keeping it warm enough. Just wanted to post a date to see how long it runs etc. For reference. ;)

Similar Aquarium Threads

10 Gallon Tank Im Back+9g Stocking
Replies
Views
puffer boi
Replies
Views
Addictedtobettas
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies