Star Trek

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning :;co
    I bought the new Star Trek movie yesterday. Watched it. Loved it. I'll watch it again :) I wish they would make a new series out of it. I checked the Star Trek website a while back when the movie came out and there was no mention of a new series though.

Did anyone else enjoy it? (I know I'm a little late but I wait for movies to come out on DVD) :)
    Ken

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Oh we just saw it last night! We netflix everything (too expensive to go out), so we're behind the times too. lol It was loads of fun. :;ha

3. click Well Known Member Member

I absolutely loved it. Spok was brilliant. I love those vulcans, everything has to be logic.

I'm a big SF fan, Star Trek and Star Wars are my favourites. My cell ringtone is R2D2. ...I'm a geek, I lnow:rolleyes:

4. nater Initiate Member

I saw it also and it was great. I don't think there are any plans, I have heard about, to start a new tv weekly series. There will be other movies for sure though.

5. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Personally, I don't like how they messed with the lore like the last series, Enterprise, did. I'm all for them restarting the movies but come on, they blew up quite a important planet.

I just hope they keep the romance junk to a minimal.

6. click Well Known Member Member

You can tell by the opening song how bad Enterprise is. What the *bip* has that song to do with the movie? The second best (after Picard) from the ST series was Voyager. I still watch the re-runs on Space.

7. gremlin Well Known Member Member

I bought the new Star Trek movie yesterday but haven't watched it yet. My sister says she doesn't want to watch it because the actor who plays Spock is the same actor who plays Siler (bad bad evil guy) on Heroes. I have all of the original Star Trek series (all 3 seasons) on dvd. And all the movies made with the original characters. Of the "new" series, the only one I really enjoy is The Next Generation (with Picard). I never really did get into any of the other series. I guess I'm a diehard classic fan. Although, I am looking forward to watching the new movie.

8. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I never saw the TV series. I only watched because of Zachary Quinto (Sylar on Heroes) - he's a bad guy, but the actor is phenomenal. I ended up loving the movie. It was awesome.

9. gremlin Well Known Member Member

I love his role on Heroes. He is an excellent actor.

10. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Yes! sorry for the slight hijack, ken... but gremlin, did you know that his role was supposed to be only a couple of episodes, but quinto was so compelling as sylar that they re-wrote the story and made him a major character?

i thought that quinto was really good as spock.

11. Shadowbeam Member Member

I though spock was fantastic, but as an old fan i was a little upset that they re-wrote so much of it :( Didn't really like the Kirk either.

But then again, if i ignore all the old stuff it was a really good film :) So i guess i should look at it that way lol. Great for people new to star trek too!

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

I've watched them all since they first came on in the 60's :) Trivia for you: Capt, Kirk and O'Hura had the first interracial kiss on TV. When I moved to the country I missed out on the last couple of years of Voyager so I bought all 7 seasons and I also had to buy all 4 seasons of Enterprise. I have all of the movies. I can watch it all over and over. A year or so after I bought all of the sets they came on SyFy.
    I'll be looking forward to more adventures:;bmu
    Thanks for the responses.
    Ken

13. gremlin Well Known Member Member

I did not know that. I'm glad tho, I really like his character.

Name that episode . . .

14. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Just finished watch the movie....I think one of the best!!!
    Good Trivia Ken....and after that kiss .....Petula Clark held or touched Harry Belefontes arm on the Ed Sullivan show and scandalized the nation!!!.it was considered illegal!!! How did we survive, and still so much hate in the world... hate=ignorance

Anyway, the movie was GREAT!!

15. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

My bf rented it yesterday and he's watchin' it right now, as I was doin a water change on my 20 gal, so not payin attention to it...now im finished but kind of watchin and checkin out FishLore, lol! ;D It looks really good!

16. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

LOL Gremlin. Plato's Stepchildren :)
    Ken

17. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Very good! :clapping: Now, was the kiss voluntary? or not . . .

18. samantha.h Member Member

I saw Star Trek when it was out in theaters with my family. My dad is a big fan so we took him to see it. I really liked it in theaters, and when I watched it again last night with my boyfriend on a regular tv I got bored. lol. I fell asleep and woke up during the credits and was like, "what happened to the second half of the movie?" I think it's much better on a larger screen. :)

19. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Capt. Kirk and O'hura were being forced.

20. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Yep.