Star Fish and Anemones

samged
I just got 2 starfish and 2 anemones.... would like to know what to feed them????.... and how to feed them????????..... and if I ever want to remove the anemones from the rock, maybe to the refuge.... how do I do it???... its so super glued on the rock??????... and what tempreture should I maintain the water?????

agsansoo
What type of starfishs and anemones did you get ?

samged
the star fish are red and white spoted... and vise versa is the other star fish.... and about the anemone... its one with a purple tip....

agsansoo
I really need a few pictures. Starfish usually just eat everything your fish don't.

samged
its got both the star fish and as well as the anemones

thanxxxxxxx

agsansoo
OK .. That really helped a lot !
Starfish look like African Starfish. African Starfish may eat corals, clams, sponges, anemones and ornamental invertebrates. Feed them chopped meaty foods once a week if they will take it.
Anemone is a very ... very bleached (bleached means sick) Bubble Tip Anemone (BTA). You need to feed him small pieces of silversides or krill daily ! This plus good lighting will bring his color back. What type of lighting do you have now ?

Oh yeah ... Don't remove them from the rock. This will damage the anemones foot, often killing them !

samged
I have two 36w tubes and a Marine blue of the same watts.... how do I feed the anemone and the star fish.... I mean how do I place the food or give????

and the store person talked about some liquid food for the anemone.... but was out of stock!!!!... what do u think about that?.....

thanx a lot for u'r time... u'r of such great help!!!! thank you again!!!!!

agsansoo
That's not enough light. You should look into upgrading your lighting soon. As for the liquid food, not to sure what that could be. He might be trying to sell you some kind of phytoplankton. Which will help your tank, but not much help for you anemone.Your anemone has lost its endosymbiotic zooxanthellae, only small daily feedings of meaty foods and stronger lighting will bring back his color ( zooxanthellae ). Good luck.

samged
how do I feed it??????.... physically?????.... by hand or tools???????..... and how much of light r u talkin about???????

Mike
For a bubble tip anemone (e. quadricolor) I'd recommend at least four T5 fluorescent tubes or even better, metal halides. To feed your anemone, you can use something like chopsticks or some other home made device that you can put the food on the end of and place gently onto the tentacles of the anemone. It should grab the food and you carefully slide out the feeding stick leaving the food behind. I try to feed mine 2 or 3 times every week silversides.

More info: Bubble Tip Anemone

samged
thank you.... how about liquid food????.... is that good?.. the product is Serra ( corallife ) for invertibrates... and the store keeper suggested and said it is for anemone as well!!!!

wanted to know... if it was ok... wud it effect the other fish... cause all that is put wud not be definetly consumed by the anemone... will be left dissolved in the water... so wud that increase the possilbilty of ammonia or nitrate build up?????

thanx again

samged
ppl my clown fish they all got... some white.... small layers on them... and the color of the fish has gotten lighter.... it seems like some disease.... white patchs.... wud it go if I increase the tempreture???.... 3 of them died... only one is left.... so pls help...

the clown fish actually take food that I give it and feed the anemone him/her self... it is so interestin to see... wow....

anyways pls someone help me....

agsansoo
Can you post a picture ?

samged
Thank you!!!!....
I got myself a quarantine tank.... small skimmer and a small power filter... 20gal. put the fish in it... and put some medic... seems to have improved... gotta wait and c....

here goes another question... = )

When I make a sump and refuge.... can I use the refuge as quarantine thank also?????

agsansoo
When I make a sump and refuge.... can I use the refuge as quarantine thank also?????

Not a good idea. The sump/fuge share the same system water. Thus negating a separate quarantine area.

samged
I got this almost microscopic flees like things swimming around my tank... Only can be seen when u switch off all the power heads n filters... Basically when the water is still... Seems like they r multipin.... Pls help

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Culprit
Replies
Views
Slimey
Replies
Views
Nanologist
Replies
Views