Stands and Canopies

1. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Look at these aquarium stands and canopies. I don't think you can find such fine aquatic furniture at your regular pet store, unless they're able to order it for you. I don't know if my pet store would order such a stand and canopy for me, but I know I never saw anything like this in my store. Such a loss! I hope they have stores with aquatic stands and canopies like these near where I live! (WIll have to search a lot :-\)

Just take a look at these! I love dark wood !!!
    (The pictures were taken from http://www.briaquaticcabinets.com/html/deluxe.html )

Attached Files:

2. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Attached Files:

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

must suck for u my petstores sell nice ones similar to those and would probly order one for me if i wanted to too

4. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, it looks like I will have to find another pet store. Hopefully there is a good one near where I live. I will have to look for it. What is your pet store's name? Where is it?

5. Jason Well Known Member Member

They look wild!
    Wood cabinets and canopies look wild with a big tank!

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

why would you want a canopy though??? it covers the whole tank itlooks lioke from the pics....or did i get it wrong?

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

LOL, Emma ;D Yup, you got it wrong! It does NOT look like on the pictures! The pictures show stands and canopies without tanks. In other words, the canopies are right on tops of stands. The canopies actually cover all the light- and hood- work, and they make the tank look even bigger/taller. A canopy is just a very elegant way to cover all that's not so nice looking on the top. Besides, if one has nice wooden furniture in his/her room, a tank with a stand and a canopy like this, looks like it's a part of the room furniture. It looks beautiful, especially if the tank is large. I am planning to get (in the distant future) something between 75-125 gallons in this kind of a stand and canopy. CANNOT WAIT !!! The canopy does not obstruct any part of the view Emma :) It only adds to the beauty.

8. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Attached Files:

10. dahly Member Member

"Aquarium Adventure" carries a wide variety of these high end pieces. Check their website for locations. They are in NY too.

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i get it so the canopy kind of sits on top of the tank. i see. :)

12. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Yup Emma :)

Dahly, thank you! I searched the website of the store you mentioned and it turns out it's quite close to where I live. From what I saw on the pictures, they do indeed have lots of beautiful stands and canopies. Thanks a lot for help Dahly !!!

13. dahly Member Member

Glad I could help! You live near Carle Place? I grew up in Syosset ( Mohawk for "A place in the Pines). A.A. has great stuff and the one around me is having a big sale in February. I bought my first tank from them and all of my fish, except the Multi's. Have fun!

14. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

my pets stores name is RMS aquaculture petsupermarket and strongsville pet emporium by clevelan

15. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Dahly, I live in L.I. and I know where Syosset is, I actually pass by it a lot of times :) But I live West of Syosset. L.I. isn't that big at all, you can drive from one end of the island to the other in as little as 1.5 hrs if there is no traffic and weather is good, and driving at increased speed ;). And you know how bad NY highways, especially L.I.E. can get! So, it usually takes much longer. Anyways, the island still isn't too big :)