Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Stand For 75 Gallon?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Homeslice, Mar 9, 2019.

1. HomesliceValued MemberMember

I have an Aqueon 75 gallon, picture below. Can anyone recommend a stand for it? Need one with enclised storage space below it (maybe they all have that). Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Igor95Well Known MemberMember

This is what I have, nice and stylish imo.  

3. HomesliceValued MemberMember

Thanks Igor! Looks very nice! Do they ever put those things on sale? that's almost 3x what I paid for the tank haha.

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

it sounds ugly but if you get 12 cinderblocks and a sheet of 3/4" plywood you could make 3 piles 4 cinders high and then cut the plywood into 3 pieces the size of your tank and put one piece after u lay the first cinders so u have a shelf and the other 2 pieces for your tank support. then you can get a piece of fabric and drape it in front of your bottom shelf that way it'll cover your canister filter assuming thats what your gonna run on the 75 and the rest can be for your supplies...Congrats on the 75 and best of luck with it

I look at it this way... If people are looking at your stand then your tank isn't very interesting....Absolutely no disrespect intended... just in general

5. Igor95Well Known MemberMember

When I bought mine, it was on sale for I think 180ish. It's a solid stand, just sucks that it has no shelves.

6. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I have my 10 and 20 on cinders

Attached Files:

7. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

For my 90 I bought a buffet table off craigslist for $75. Added some wood supports. Repainted and it’s been great. 7600BBAE-3D45-4778-82F8-E6D5C15BE878.jpeg

8. AmStaticValued MemberMember

Ive got a 55g on a stand from Pet Super Market.. it's made for 55 or 75..
    I wanna go up to 75, but a stand holding that much weight around water makes me super nervous when it's made from particle board.. things get wet occasionally.. spills, leaks, etc..

But the though of having 75 gallons resting on old manufactured wood makes me suuuuuper nervous.

Am I being unnecessarily skittish?

9. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

If your referring to my stand the wood was cut not manufactured. It’s oak. Much better made than any tank stand on the market.

10. AmStaticValued MemberMember

I'm just asking in general if anyone uses an MDF/fabricated wood stand for a 75

11. ystroutWell Known MemberMember

I have one of the 75G stands that came with my tank at Petco or Petsmart. It's cheap and low quality, but it looks nice and works fine.It came with the tank so I'm using it.

Next time I need a stand, I'm just going to make one. I'll make the frame with 2x4s and cover it with stained plywood. It will probably cost the same as the Petco stands but will be way higher quality.

12. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

Here is a sketch I had drawn for a 75g stand made of 2x4's.

20190212_195522.jpg

Skin it with 3/8" sanded pine or birch plywood with doors on front plus another on one of the ends.

The side door is for sliding in a smaller tank underneath for a sump.

Bottom of tank frame would be flush around the perimeter of the stand.

Use base board trim to cover transition between tank frame and wood stand.

Paint or stain it to match the room's decor.

Having (2) 2x4's on each corner is more than enough support.