55 Gallon Tank Stage 1

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I finished Stage 1 of my new 55 gallon. Thanks so much for everyone on the forum. I came on here a couple of months ago to figure out why my gourami was sick. I have gotten quite an education since then, and hopefully I'm becoming a better fish keeper.

With that, I wanted to show stage 1 of my new 55g. I'm thinking of adding a piece of driftwood in the center, and then have tall, leafy fake plants in the background. I have SDs and don't have proper lighting, so real plants are out of the question.

If anyone has any cool alternatives I'm up for opinions. Thanks again everyone. I think my SDs will be much happier now.

Attachments

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. About 4 12"-18" plastic plants with big leaves, and I'll see if I need more after that. I tend to think my tanks are bigger than they are, so I'm trying to curb that.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think it looks great so far. Maybe silk plants instead of plastic? I like the way they sway with the water movement, much like real plants.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice cichlid stones.....

All of my fish love the stones. My kribs are spawning in them, the BPs treat them like little apartments, even the rainbow shark has been seen hanging out in them.

You're off to a good start. Can't wait to see more! hoto:

P.S. Definitely silk and not plastic. Some of the plastic plants have foliage that's so hard that they can tear your fish's fins. ops:

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, silk is what I meant by "leafy". I guess you guys read my mind better than I do.

And you're right Lynda, the 15 pack was just the right amount it looks like. It took a day, but my syno cat is finally swimming in and out of the stones. It made my day because it's was a big reason why I bought the stones in the first place.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom