55 Gallon Tank Stability cycling.

DanB80TTS

Dom90

I don't think so. You'll probably need a bit more stock. Maybe put in a BN pleco to bring up the bioload higher lol.

DanB80TTS

Those tetras were from my other tank, I have an albino BN that will be joining them too when it's cycled

dcutl002

DanB80TTS

Day 3 of dosing stability (and prime)
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0.50
Nitrate 0

How does this look for using stability to those that have experience with it?

As its my first time using it it seems to have sped up getting nitrites, my canister also shot out a ton of skin like flakes that I believe to be biofilm or some biological material. Never had that happen on a tank before so I have to put that down to the stability.

Dom90

You usually get a nitrite reading with 3-4 days with Stability. Then its just another 7 days or so before you get cycled. Dont do water changes unless your ammonia gets too high. I would dose the Stability right into the filter, that's where you want the bacteria anyway.

DanB80TTS

Dom90 said:
You usually get a nitrite reading with 3-4 days with Stability. Then its just another 7 days or so before you get cycled. Dont do water changes unless your ammonia gets too high. I would dose the Stability right into the filter, that's where you want the bacteria anyway.
Havent done any water changes, I know better than that lol reading all the threads about tetra safestart. I don't expect my ammonia to get too high with the small bioload I have.
Since it's a 55g, I'm doing 3 caps a day after the initial 6 on the first day, open up each side, one cap on the left, one on the right and the third right into the HOB.

I don't want to go through the trouble of opening the canister each and every day so that's how it is. I should have some more media arriving in a few days for the canister so I will give it a shot or two in there when I open it up to add the extra media.

DanB80TTS

So almost done with the bottle of stability yet I still don't have any nitrates.

Not sure if I've don't something wrong, thinking maybe the bioload just isn't large enough like I initially showed concern about.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom