SRT and blood parrot tankmates - Page 2

OP
Greener907

Greener907

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sweet! I messaged them and asked what tetras they have, so when they respond I'll have to see what the best fit is going to be

slayer5590

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wouldn't put tetras with your SRT. You need something that can take a hit and that's not a tetra. Those parrots won't stand a chance against her when she decides that tank is hers.

OP
Greener907

Greener907

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
slayer5590 said:
I wouldn't put tetras with your SRT. You need something that can take a hit and that's not a tetra. Those parrots won't stand a chance against her when she decides that tank is hers.
Her and the parrots have been together for a month or 2 now and there's no signs of aggression between them except when the parrots went after her after I took the little guy out. She's not your normal SRT, and I ready your post too late..I added 8 bleeding heart tetra and the blood parrot was interested to see what it was at first, but then went about it's way and the SRT doesn't care about them at the moment. The rainbow shark seems to like to chase them every now and then..but nothing damaging from what I watched between them

CoachFair

Reaction score
I have 7 black skirts and 5 buenos Aries tetras as "dither" fish with my blood parrot. They get pretty big and are quick just in case. My skirts are huge and buenos Aries are catching up. No issues at all so far.

New Threads