SRT and blood parrot tankmates | Page 2

Discussion in 'Texas Cichlid' started by Greener907, Jul 3, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    Greener907

Greener907Valued MemberMember

Sweet! I messaged them and asked what tetras they have, so when they respond i'll have to see what the best fit is going to be :)

2. slayer5590

slayer5590Well Known MemberMember

I wouldn't put tetras with your SRT. You need something that can take a hit and that's not a tetra. Those parrots won't stand a chance against her when she decides that tank is hers.

3. OP
    OP
    Greener907

Greener907Valued MemberMember

Her and the parrots have been together for a month or 2 now and there's no signs of aggression between them except when the parrots went after her after I took the little guy out. She's not your normal SRT, and I ready your post too late..I added 8 bleeding heart tetra and the blood parrot was interested to see what it was at first, but then went about it's way and the SRT doesn't care about them at the moment. The rainbow shark seems to like to chase them every now and then..but nothing damaging from what I watched between them

4. CoachFair

CoachFairNew MemberMember

I have 7 black skirts and 5 buenos Aries tetras as "dither" fish with my blood parrot. They get pretty big and are quick just in case. My skirts are huge and buenos Aries are catching up. No issues at all so far.