Spring is in the air, share your preg or new fry storys!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by e_watson09, Apr 6, 2010.

1. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Well spring is in the air and everything is having babies. I know fish breed year round but lets share our spring fry storys :)

I'll start!

Well I have a tank full of breeding balloon mollies, I started out with 7 when I started my cycle and now a little over a month later I had 5 then today at work my manager gave me a killer deal so I just had to buy more.....so it's time for a new tank already. But I bought a miserably preg female, like she looks MASSIVE, and I'm guessing she'll drop any time now. Then I have another massive female that I bought today. Then two I already had are preg. I'm just so excited for the new babies! I'm going to have babies coming out my ears!

If anyone is near dayton ohio I'd love to share some if I end up saving all the fry! If not I think I'm going to end up needing about a 100gal for all my babies!

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I have a pair of F0 Apistogramma atahualpa that are guarding fry right now, and today I found eggs from my F1 Apistogramma agassizi "alenquer" pair! I am so excited! My Apisto panduro pair is colored up and aggressive, so I am hoping for the best there as well. :)

3. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

I currently have 2 week old Halfmoon betta fry and I just put Another pair in a new breeding tank today.

4. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I have my "supposedly" non-spawning JD pair guarding newly hatched fry in the 90g tank as we speak. They didn't spawn in the 55g they were in for several months.

I've got guppy babies everywhere. I've got convict babies in three different tanks. My bolivian ram is guarding eggs (no babies-fems only).

5. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I have 9 guppies, 4 are just over 2 months, 5 are just over 1 month!

I know it's not exciting, but I've never had this many survive this long before (before I got to about 4 months and he got stuck in my filter and died), so I decided to do the whole Fry Grow Out tank thing, and it seems to be working as my other female guppy is not chasing them to death...

They are getting massive so fast with a proper tank, but I still can't tell the sex and no colouring yet.

6. OP
    OP
    e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'm kind of interested in to see pictures if you have any. All those fish seem really cool and I love to see them in breeding colors :)

Do you just breed halfmoons? I just looked them up, they're GORGEOUS.

Sounds like the fooled you! haha I'm getting a pair of cons soon but I'm thinking I'm going to wait until I get another tank since I'm going to have babys coming out my ears.

I think guppys are exciting. Do you know what color the female was? That might give you a guess as to the colors the babies could be :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice