go sox!!!!!

offminded
GREAT OPENING DAY!!(first game @ home)

Such a nice warm 57F day for the redsox to kick some baseball :;bb

go sox!!!!!

were you at fenway?

capekate
HI Shawine...
THANKS so much for the reminder! lol.. I can't believe I almost forgot to watch the opening home game! Ive got it on the tv now.....

john&jen
Baltimore Orioles 5-1.
Boston Red Sox 3-4.
First place.
Last place.
It'll be short lived, but I'll soak up the glory while I can!

Shawnie
hahaha ... very short

no dave I'm in my living room with plenty of cold ones...3-ZIPPY

Nags1965
baseball already??

I so miss my football..

Shawnie
we rule we rule

john&jen
You aren't ruling much right now! Look at the stats!!!

wkinne02
Just keep in mind that my Tigers are tanking it on purpose right now, so they can creep up on y'all unexpected like later on this season. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 0-7, yikes

Shawnie
You aren't ruling much right now! Look at the stats!!!

meant for the opening day LOL

john&jen
Kinnie, you and Magnum PI have something in common!! Shawnie, congrats on hitting .500. Not trying to be a schmuk, but this has been the most humorous thread since I joined. If either of you ever visit the National Aquarium (very nice) you can go about five blocks to Camden Yards to see a winning team play in the most beautiful modern ballpark in MLB. (I confess, I've been to Fenway in '83 just for the experience!) Trivia... Who won the series in '83?

Shawnie
LOL @ schmuk...83 was a LONGGGGGGGGG time ago...I was a schmuk in highschool then LOL

Balt in 83...since then what's happened??

john&jen
The Ripkin Dynasty ended...finally. Brady Anderson. Brian Roberts using hgh. Peter Angelos is too tight to spend any money on the team, but he did fight to keep them in Baltimore. Oh, and the state's lottery built them a gorgeous new stadium... which is writing its lowest attendance in eons. Maybe this year the jinx will end. Of course a Sox fan would understand an end to a jinx...

Shawnie
more of a curse, but all the same I guess..and ya..we kinda do LOL

capekate
J&J,
ITs Waaaaaay toooo early in the season to start making predictions or judgment calls. Forget stats lol... talk about them in mid season.
Lets give the the Sox's their credit due for a great season last year and let it go at that.
Yes, we understand about the curse/jink for sure.. and I sympathize with you and your team.. it sure is an awful feeling.
Maybe this will be the year for your team? We never know...

john&jen
The O's traditionally only make it to the break, then fall apart... so any pride needs to flow prior to the All Star Game!

Shawnie
for now!

john&jen
wkinne..congrats! Your tigers are in the win column! Its only a half game lead. The O's still have a chance too poo on your sox hanging on the laundry line!

capekate
wkinne..congrats! Your tigers are in the win column! Its only a half game lead. The O's still have a chance too poo on your sox hanging on the laundry line!

ahem... WHO's in first place now?

Go SOXs!

wkinne02
It seems that the sleeping giant that was the Tigers has finally awoken. They are absolutely pounding on the Indians right now. In fact, Indians pitching just walked in another run to make it 11-1 in the top of the sixth. It's about freakin' time!

john&jen
1.5 games back. Today doesn't really count, since you are sweeping a team in last place. Hmmm. The season is young, like the O's... even I'm surprised by their progress already! There aren't many returning players from last season! Baseball cameraderie is fun. Two years ago we sat next to a Yankees fan at Camden Yards (O's won) and had so much fun loving to hate each other!

capekate
1.5 games back. Today doesn't really count, since you are sweeping a team in last place. Hmmm. The season is young, like the O's... even I'm surprised by their progress already! There aren't many returning players from last season! Baseball cameraderie is fun. Two years ago we sat next to a Yankees fan at Camden Yards (O's won) and had so much fun loving to hate each other!

LOL every game counts! BTW it was a great game yesterday.. I agree the season is very young and they all have a looooong way to go!
Talk about baseball camaraderie! My daughter is a devout Yankee fan... her BF is a devout Red Sox fan.. we are Sox fans here... ohhh boyyy what a season of baseball this is around here! One time my daughter threatened to sneak a Yankee's bumper sticker on my husbands truck in the hopes he wouldnt notice it for awhile.. she is such a lil joker She threatened to tear off my car sticker of the world series win. Ohhh it gets crazy around here! ya know.. deep in my heart, I just say, let the best man win! and Congratulate them.. when they do!

john&jen
If I join a fish forum to talk baseball, can I join a baseball forum to talk Aquariums?

capekate
If I join a fish forum to talk baseball, can I join a baseball forum to talk Aquariums?
lol... only if there is someone in the baseball forum who wants to talk aquariums with you...

john&jen
No thanks to the Bosox, but now the Devil Rays are tied for first with the O's and the Bosox?! What a season it has been! Tampa Bay is suppose to be the division anchor!

Halibut
My Dodgers will rule the world once again....Oh wait that's my Lakers, bring on the Celts nothing like the old time rivalries.

capekate
The "Rays" have a great pitcher in Shields, congrats on AL player of the week and the team on taking the top spot, Shields and the team did fantastic in last nites game.. Not to take away anything from Josh Becketts 13 strike outs, the team just wasn't behind him. Its got to be the injury list.. and the flu that hit the team has taken its toll. But once they are back on top of their game.. there will be no more excuses.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
lilirish
Replies
Views
Angela_96
Replies
Views
ER9
Replies
Views