Spraybar vs CO2 Loss vs Oxygen Levels

richieh10

A friend of mines told me that placing a spray bar above the water will result in loss of CO2 levels. However, my setup only allows me to place the spray bar above the water line, so I rotated the water outflow so that it hits the tank wall before entering the water. The results seems fine but now, I am worried about the lack of oxygen.

Do you think the spray bar, in its new position, is creating enough oxygen for my tank?

photo of spray bar (new position):
*spray bar is 20’ located on the left side of the tank

photo of entire tank:

Tank Dimensons: 72’ x 6’ x 8’ | 15~ gallons
Stock: 1 whiptail pleco
1 hillstream loach
5 panda corydoras
5 pgymy corydoras
150+ cherry shrimp
9BB1E55E-5E0F-4359-A735-F8FE6AE5C64C.jpeg
E03AE070-35B0-41F2-A286-FBBB0D5B0CD1.jpeg

Donthemon

Why isn’t the tank full of water? Spray bars cause increased surface agitation which increases oxygen. Not sure about the co2 part.

Upvote 0

richieh10

The back wall is actually shorter than the front and side walls. It is actually at maximum capacity.

Upvote 0

Donthemon

The back wall is actually shorter than the front and side walls. It is actually at maximum capacity.
thanks!

Upvote 0

AO1

A friend of mines told me that placing a spray bar above the water will result in loss of CO2 levels. However, my setup only allows me to place the spray bar above the water line, so I rotated the water outflow so that it hits the tank wall before entering the water. The results seems fine but now, I am worried about the lack of oxygen.

Do you think the spray bar, in its new position, is creating enough oxygen for my tank?

photo of spray bar (new position):
*spray bar is 20’ located on the left side of the tank

photo of entire tank:

Tank Dimensons: 72’ x 6’ x 8’ | 15~ gallons
Stock: 1 whiptail pleco
1 hillstream loach
5 panda corydoras
5 pgymy corydoras
150+ cherry shrimp
9BB1E55E-5E0F-4359-A735-F8FE6AE5C64C.jpeg
E03AE070-35B0-41F2-A286-FBBB0D5B0CD1.jpeg

that's a very long tank! was it custom built?

you will get more oxygen if you aim the output on the surface of the water away from the back wall to get more surface agitation. I'm not sure about co2 tho.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bbunkie01
Replies
Views
yukoandk
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies