Spraybar angle?

outflying

Reaction score
I have a question about the spray bar.

What angle to the water do you aim it? Directly down? Perpendicular? Or at a 45 degree angle?

Thanks!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not sure it matters all that much, as long as it's going in the tank and not outside or create a unsightly disturbance.

Xenomorph

Valued Member
Reaction score
I jet mine up and out at a 45deg angle above the water surface, this forces a great deal of oxygen into the water (and makes a very tranquil splashing sound covering the sound of the pump and filter) - it depends on how active/peacefull you need your water surface to be I guess. The instructions on the box indicated that it doesn't matter what angle you have the flow, only that different angles give different surface conditions/currents.

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
I discovered something fun with mine last night. If you take the spray bar off and use some of the other pipes that come in the box to aim the flow straight up in the air, an xp2 will give you a fountain 3-4 inches high that looks and sounds great and gives you enough surface disturbance to create bubbles, but not so much that fish are afraid to come up for food. I love it! My own little tank fountain.

outflying

Reaction score
Hey that sounds really cool!  Could you post some pictures? 

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sure. It'll be another 5 hours or so before I can because I'm at work, but I'll try to do that tonight.

outflying

Reaction score
The looks very nice! Thanks for the pics. I might have to try that.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O very cool

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom