spray bar , worlds smallest moving bed filter

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by donny, Dec 14, 2012.

1. donnyNew MemberMember

I looking for a spray bar for my filter. I discovereda small plastic bottle , the type used for travelling. This fitted snuggley on the filter.
    so a few holes drilled , instant spray bar :)
    I then saw a youtube video about moving bed filters. So Ifilled the bottle with cut drinking straws.
    Does anyone think this will work. Its just as extra filtration.

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Welcome to the forum

Could you post a picture so we can see what it looks like?

3. OP
    OP
    d

donnyNew MemberMember

Sorry no pictures, Im using my phone.
    it is just a small 150ml bottle stuck on the out flow of an internal filter.
    :)

4. OP
    OP
    d

donnyNew MemberMember

Will try to get apicture up soon. Its basically just a small bottle stuck on the outflow of my internal filter. Does a good job diffusing the flow

5. josh40996

josh40996Valued MemberMember

Ooo it sounds fun. Remember they may not "move" to well at first until they get some bb on them.

If you are using you internal as a biological filter though i don't really think their would be much benifit unless you was to use you internal as a mechanical.

6. OP
    OP
    d

donnyNew MemberMember

Just a quick update, the straws I used in the small bottle have a nice coating of BB. So it seems to be working . Ive no swapped the bottlee for a larger food storage box (500 ml ) got a lot more staws :)
    Still no photos sorry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice