Spray bar with CO2

Drewbacca

I’ve seen several posts with similar topics but none that quite answered my particular question. I have a 55 gallon moderately planted tank with medium light and CO2 injection. I have a Fluval 407 canister filter and a Tetra 60 HOB filter added to it. I’ve recently purchased a spray bar for the canister output to offset some of the tremendous flow the 407 puts out.

My spray bar is just under the water line. Should I point it up to have some water surface disruption or point it down? Remember, my HOB filter is already creating some. Many places state that you don’t want disruption if you’re injecting CO2, but I also have seen that the desire for no disruption is a myth for planted tanks.

So how should I set it up? Down or up?

On a slightly related note, I have air stones connected to my pH controller, but my pH never drops low enough to use it. My CO2 runs at night occasionally to maintain the pH. Would you set my air stones to run after dark now that I have less disruption?

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you hope our Co2 users can help answer your question today

Drewbacca

Giving this a bump up for you hope our Co2 users can help answer your question today

Thanks. So far I’ve set it up underwater and spraying slightly downward. I’ve got my air stone set for sunset to sunrise. The question is whether to keep my CO2 controller going. On one hand, running it at the same time as the air pump is blowing off my CO2. However, I’m keeping my tank at a pH of 7 with the controller and my tap is typically at 7.8 or slightly higher. I worry turning my controller off at night as well would result in large pH swings.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JenC
Replies
Views
BlueMist
  • Question
Replies
Views
BestFishTankGuy
  • Question