Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Spray Bar Waterfall Effect Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by TrainerRuby, Mar 17, 2019.

1. TrainerRubyValued MemberMember

I made a spraybar for my 55g that I wanted to be more like a waterfall instead of the typical jets but I'm having some problems with the execution of it. I got it running but the water all comes out of one side of it. Instead of a nice even flow one side had a weak flow but the other side has a strong flow. If I get a Y piece and connect it to both ends would it work or should I try another approach? Image1552833638.429808.jpgImage1552833649.222871.jpgImage1552833685.394545.jpgImage1552833695.850450.jpgImage1552833707.383005.jpg

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Maybe try a little shorter piece of pipe or drill the holes a little smaller or bigger. may need to experiment with a couple pieces of pipe till you find what your looking to get out of it. it probaby will depend on the strength of your filter.

3. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Yes drilling holes would be better than the opening you cut out on top. All the water is flowing to the far end and exiting there because it’s the least resistance. Holes would cause more pressure. 1/16” holes. The smaller the more pressure. Also no reason to go over and down just stop it like a regular spray bar. But upside down. May have to experiment with the holes to get them to the right size for a waterfall effect. Good luck :).

4. TrainerRubyValued MemberMember

The whole over and down is to hold it to the tank so I don't need any suction cups or anything like that

5. CichlidudeWell Known MemberMember

Looks like to much pressure. Flows from left to right and then hits and back pressure now pushes the water back and over flows but does not get pressure all the way back to the left. Not sure but might try to just slow the flow down to a trickle and see.