Spotted Raph suspected Illness

Freefallgazza

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I bought this lil guy yesturday from a LFS and he was the only one swimming normaly and was munching on a pellet so I thought he would be okay to buy.
When i got him home he was great, In the morning however he seemed lathargic and actually swam into plants so he didnt have to support himself.
His eye looks cloudy and most of his nose is to, im not sure if this is pigmentation or illness, he also is not bothered about me holding him. I have never had this fish before and made a classic rookie mistake of buying before research, I even asked you yesturday to ID him for me, so i put it to you to give your opinion.

Attachments

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aww poor thing...not sure whats going on, but coming from a tank where others weren't "normal" , it could be just about anything...and unfortunately, you will put your other fish in danger by adding him to the main tank.....do you have a qt tank to put him in for now? cloudy eyes are usually a sign of bad water conditions....clean water can help him but if he is already stressed from the conditions, he can bring other illness's to your main tank...ich being one of them.....I hope he pulls through!

Freefallgazza

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Darn it, he's gone

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm really sorry you lost your fish

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads