Spots That Aren’t Ick?

Haleigh

Reaction score
Hello! I have posted in the past anoutba goldfish that I had who was kept in awful conditions... well now I have her brother, or whom I’ve dubbed as being her brother since they were being kept in the same house by different people. He is now in a hospital tank and I have a question, he has some hemorrhaging on his tail fin which I figured would clear up because of an improvement in water quality but he seemed to develop white spots that don’t look like ick. They instead of appearing as raised salt like cysts they’re almost blurred looking around the hemorrhaging and his pectoral fins. Could this be bacterial or fungal instead of ick? He seems lively and I’ve had great luck with the other fish from the same home and she’s made great improvement but I’m stumped with this guy. He’s gorgeous and would be a great pond addition but not until he’s well and disease free!

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
could you post a picture to show us what you are seeing.

Haleigh

Reaction score
also just another note that none of the other fish he was housed with have the spots

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not sure what it is, but I wouldn't treat the spots with anything until you do have a better idea of what they are. It might clear up with improved water quality, or it may not be a disease-related issue at all.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom