Spots That Aren’t Ick?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Haleigh, Apr 15, 2018.

1. HaleighNew MemberMember

Hello! I have posted in the past anoutba goldfish that I had who was kept in awful conditions... well now I have her brother, or whom I’ve dubbed as being her brother since they were being kept in the same house by different people. He is now in a hospital tank and I have a question, he has some hemorrhaging on his tail fin which I figured would clear up because of an improvement in water quality but he seemed to develop white spots that don’t look like ick. They instead of appearing as raised salt like cysts they’re almost blurred looking around the hemorrhaging and his pectoral fins. Could this be bacterial or fungal instead of ick? He seems lively and I’ve had great luck with the other fish from the same home and she’s made great improvement but I’m stumped with this guy. He’s gorgeous and would be a great pond addition but not until he’s well and disease free!

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

could you post a picture to show us what you are seeing.

3. OP
    OP
    H

HaleighNew MemberMember

Here are two pictures, in the first one I feel like the flatter fuzzier appearance can be screen more. Also this is only located on these fins and nowhere else on the body.

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    H

HaleighNew MemberMember

also just another note that none of the other fish he was housed with have the spots

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I'm not sure what it is, but I wouldn't treat the spots with anything until you do have a better idea of what they are. It might clear up with improved water quality, or it may not be a disease-related issue at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice