Spot On Bristlenose Pleco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer630

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi my pleco has had this little spot on him for a while now. He doesnt seem to be having any issues with it and the rest of the fish in the tank are fine . Could it just be a spot where he got injured? Sorry supposed to say bristlenose pleco but won't let me edit it

Attachments

Last edited:

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have seen this before, but I dont know what it is. Since a Pleco doesnt have scales, Id guess a fungal issue.

OP
D

Drummer630

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
There a mollies, dwarf gourami, pearl gourami and Cory cats in the tank with him. Me wife and I were talking about one of the decorations possibly doing it too because our fake coral piece in the middle feels a little abrasive in some spots. He doesnt act like he is bothered by it or anything. I just thought maybe someone else had encountered this before and could possibly shed some light on it for us

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There a mollies, dwarf gourami, pearl gourami and Cory cats in the tank with him. Me wife and I were talking about one of the decorations possibly doing it too because our fake coral piece in the middle feels a little abrasive in some spots. He doesnt act like he is bothered by it or anything. I just thought maybe someone else had encountered this before and could possibly shed some light on it for us
Keep a close eye on it. If it does not start to heal quickly I would advise you treat it. For wounds I have had good luck with this product. It is herbal.

OP
D

Drummer630

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok thanks. I do frequent water checks and water changes and I have done a couple of each since we noticed it so I will provably go ahead and get something to treat with and give it a few more days to see if its healing before I treat

Keep a close eye on it. If it does not start to heal quickly I would advise you treat it. For wounds I have had good luck with this product. It is herbal.
Is there anything special I need to do when I treat with this? It won't affect my other fish?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom