Spot On Bristlenose Pleco

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Drummer630, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Drummer630New MemberMember

Hi my pleco has had this little spot on him for a while now. He doesnt seem to be having any issues with it and the rest of the fish in the tank are fine . Could it just be a spot where he got injured? Sorry supposed to say bristlenose pleco but won't let me edit it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. RainBettaWell Known MemberMember

Could be fungal... @Fanatic?

Did it appear suddenly or over a long period of time?

3. Drummer630New MemberMember

It was just there one day when we seen him

4. DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

I have seen this before, but I dont know what it is. Since a Pleco doesnt have scales, Id guess a fungal issue.

5. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Who else shares this aquarium with the BN?

Looks like a wound.

6. Drummer630New MemberMember

There a mollies, dwarf gourami, pearl gourami and Cory cats in the tank with him. Me wife and I were talking about one of the decorations possibly doing it too because our fake coral piece in the middle feels a little abrasive in some spots. He doesnt act like he is bothered by it or anything. I just thought maybe someone else had encountered this before and could possibly shed some light on it for us

7. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Keep a close eye on it. If it does not start to heal quickly I would advise you treat it. For wounds I have had good luck with this product. It is herbal.

8. kallililly1973Valued MemberMember

looks like a wound from a decoration to me too. that's what i would suspect. but as others have said keep a close eye check your parameters and maybe even a water change.

9. Drummer630New MemberMember

Ok thanks. I do frequent water checks and water changes and I have done a couple of each since we noticed it so I will provably go ahead and get something to treat with and give it a few more days to see if its healing before I treat

Is there anything special I need to do when I treat with this? It won't affect my other fish?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019
  10. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

11. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Hi, I’ve edited the title for you & merged the threads

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  12. Drummer630New MemberMember

Thank you

13. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Sorry I know nothing about bristlenose plecos so I cannot help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice