Spore Like Tufts In Betta

Bettasparkles

New Member
Member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I may have experienced this before, but I’m glad I caught it in an early stage. I’m still new to fish keeping, I curently have my betta in a bowl because I needed to separate him from his other buddies in a separate tank because of the spore like tufts. I don’t kno what to do, I’m very worried about him. He is still swimming and eating all the food I put in his tank.
 

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,810
Reaction score
4,775
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not a clue what spore like tufts are. I'd guess a fungal infection and fungal issues are usually fuzzy, but pics are needed for a better idea.

What is his usual tank set up like? What size, temp, tank mates and if possible can you post the number results for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Keeping him in a bowl is not ideal, but we can make it work. The bowl should be kept up to temp though, and frequent water changes to keep ammonia an nitrites at zero.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
B

Bettasparkles

New Member
Member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
3D3465CF-7871-407D-83FE-509EEFBBC21A.jpeg


Demeter said:
Not a clue what spore like tufts are. I'd guess a fungal infection and fungal issues are usually fuzzy, but pics are needed for a better idea.

What is his usual tank set up like? What size, temp, tank mates and if possible can you post the number results for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Keeping him in a bowl is not ideal, but we can make it work. The bowl should be kept up to temp though, and frequent water changes to keep ammonia an nitrites at zero.
I only moved him to a bowl because there was no option. ☹

Bettasparkles said:
I only moved him to a bowl because there was no option. ☹
I also used the salt thing method so I’m hoping it will work, I don’t want to resort to using medication as my condition to add medicine is not ideal and the moment.
 

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
33,051
Reaction score
9,026
Location
Texas
Experience
2 years
Can you answer the questions Demeter posted, please? We're trying to help, but we need more info.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
B

Bettasparkles

New Member
Member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
TexasDomer said:
Can you answer the questions Demeter posted, please? We're trying to help, but we need more info.
I just changed his water so the ammonia and nitrite and nitrate levels are good. He used to be in a 29 gallon with community fish. But I took them out because I was redoing the 29 gallon. It wasn’t cleaned for 2 weeks at least.

Is using Methylene blue a good idea? Like a 50mL/ L for 10 seconds or is it too high of a dosage?
 

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
33,051
Reaction score
9,026
Location
Texas
Experience
2 years
Can you list exact ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates please?

I wouldn't treat with anything yet. It could be easier, like improving water quality.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
240
Guests online
3,431
Total visitors
3,671

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom