Spongebob Tank Theme (opinions Needed)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by car16e, Aug 13, 2019.

1. car16e

car16eNew MemberMember

Hello! I currently have a 10-gallon tank with four chili rasboras, 1 balloon molly, 1 firetail molly, 2 shrimp, 10 snails, and 3 kuhlii loaches. I'm looking to re-scape the tank into a SpongeBob themed aquarium. I already have Squidward's house and Spongebob's pineapple in my aquarium. I plan on changing the substrate from gravel to sand (and swapping the two mollies for more rasboras and smaller shrimp sometime in the future). I'm not sure if the two tank features are enough hiding spots for the loaches... So I would like opinions on other tank features that would be SpongeBob themed and/or features that might provide more places to hide (I'm open to DIY suggestions but I prefer to buy it already made since I'm not a very crafty person lol).
    [​IMG]

2. Crispii

CrispiiWell Known MemberMember

Why not get Patrick's rock? ;)

3. NC122606

NC122606Well Known MemberMember

Yes, we need Patrick's rock but...
    Petition for Thai Micro Crab to be Mr. Krabs???

4. NoodleKeeper

NoodleKeeperWell Known MemberMember

A small glass jar with a fake tree inside for sandy's home

5. Crispii

CrispiiWell Known MemberMember

6. OP
    OP
    car16e

car16eNew MemberMember

I’ve tried searching for one but no one is selling it at the moment. I’m thinking about just finding a similar rock and attaching a mini antenna to it lol

7. OP
    OP
    car16e

car16eNew MemberMember

I wish I could put a crab in my tank but I think the shrimp will just become a food source

8. OP
    OP
    car16e

car16eNew MemberMember

If only I could put real jelly fish in there lol

9. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Thai micro crabs are a little different. Super small, around the size of a shrimp when fully grown. They make good tankmates with shrimp (and vise versa)

10. OP
    OP
    car16e

car16eNew MemberMember

This is definitely going on my list for sure to add to my aquarium! His name will be Mr. Krabs lol

11. treadingwater

treadingwaterValued MemberMember