Spongebob Tank Theme (opinions Needed)

car16e

Reaction score
Hello! I currently have a 10-gallon tank with four chilI rasboras, 1 balloon molly, 1 firetail molly, 2 shrimp, 10 snails, and 3 kuhliI loaches. I'm looking to re-scape the tank into a SpongeBob themed aquarium. I already have Squidward's house and Spongebob's pineapple in my aquarium. I plan on changing the substrate from gravel to sand (and swapping the two mollies for more rasboras and smaller shrimp sometime in the future). I'm not sure if the two tank features are enough hiding spots for the loaches... So I would like opinions on other tank features that would be SpongeBob themed and/or features that might provide more places to hide (I'm open to DIY suggestions but I prefer to buy it already made since I'm not a very crafty person lol).

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
car16e said:
Hello! I currently have a 10-gallon tank with four chilI rasboras, 1 balloon molly, 1 firetail molly, 2 shrimp, 10 snails, and 3 kuhliI loaches. I'm looking to re-scape the tank into a SpongeBob themed aquarium. I already have Squidward's house and Spongebob's pineapple in my aquarium. I plan on changing the substrate from gravel to sand (and swapping the two mollies for more rasboras and smaller shrimp sometime in the future). I'm not sure if the two tank features are enough hiding spots for the loaches... So I would like opinions on other tank features that would be SpongeBob themed and/or features that might provide more places to hide (I'm open to DIY suggestions but I prefer to buy it already made since I'm not a very crafty person lol).
Yes, we need Patrick's rock but...
Petition for ThaI Micro Crab to be Mr. Krabs???

OP
C

car16e

Reaction score
Crispii said:
Why not get Patrick's rock?
I’ve tried searching for one but no one is selling it at the moment. I’m thinking about just finding a similar rock and attaching a minI antenna to it lol

OP
C

car16e

Reaction score
NC122606 said:
Yes, we need Patrick's rock but...
Petition for ThaI Micro Crab to be Mr. Krabs???
I wish I could put a crab in my tank but I think the shrimp will just become a food source

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
car16e said:
I wish I could put a crab in my tank but I think the shrimp will just become a food source
ThaI micro crabs are a little different. Super small, around the size of a shrimp when fully grown. They make good tank mates with shrimp (and vise versa)

OP
C

car16e

Reaction score
aussieJJDude said:
ThaI micro crabs are a little different. Super small, around the size of a shrimp when fully grown. They make good tank mates with shrimp (and vise versa)
This is definitely going on my list for sure to add to my aquarium! His name will be Mr. Krabs lol

treadingwater

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
car16e said:
I’ve tried searching for one but no one is selling it at the moment. I’m thinking about just finding a similar rock and attaching a minI antenna to it lol

You could use this and glue a little antenna to it.

New Threads