Sponge Filter For 10 Gallon Tank

1. BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBetta Valued Member Member

I currently have a baffled HOB filter on my 10 gallon betta tank. I've had to replace it several times, so I am looking to get a sponge filter. I saw a sponge filter for a 10 gallon tank on lifewithpetsgci.com. It looks great and is a great price. Sorry, I would put a link but I don't know how. Has anyone ever ordered that sponge filter?
    Can you guys please recommend sponge filters and include links please?
    Thank you!:)

2. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

I have about 10 of these in various sizes and like them a lot. The mini is a corner sponge filter that doesn't eat up a small tank. I have the size small in some 10Gs. A but intrusive to the decor in little tanks but does an excellent job.

DrsFosterSmith

3. C

ChiefBrody Valued Member Member

$8 on ebay 2a0623b6d5f00d5f19182705639ec676.jpg 7074fce61d5d0013b83874df73a2cfc2.jpg

The small ones were $4

4. Noviceinwisconsin

Noviceinwisconsin New Member Member

Sponge filters are awesome! Best option for a 10g in my opinion.

5. OP
    OP
    BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBetta Valued Member Member

Thank you! Sorry, I know this thread is a little old now, but I am finally getting g around to getting a sponge filter. You said you got the small, not the mini for a 10 gallon? It's not too big? It says the small is for tanks up to 40 gallons. Does the small leave much room for plants and decorations in a 10 gallon? :)

Is this a good option too? :)
    https://www.lifewithpetsgci.com/store/p20/Small_Sponge_Filters_Xy180.html

6. D

DonovanC98 New Member Member

Yes they are great because depending on the one you get you can change the direction of the current.

7. fishychachki

fishychachki Valued Member Member

8. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

I have used both the small and the mini in a 10G. Yes the small would be a little tricky to aquascape around. IMO the mini is only large enough for a very lightly stocked 10G tank. It would probably be fine for a couple bettas or guppies, or a typical nano stocking. Sponges are supplemental filters in many of my tanks.