Sponge Filter For 10 Gallon Tank

1. BlissfulBetta Well Known Member Member

I currently have a baffled HOB filter on my 10 gallon betta tank. I've had to replace it several times, so I am looking to get a sponge filter. I saw a sponge filter for a 10 gallon tank on lifewithpetsgci.com. It looks great and is a great price. Sorry, I would put a link but I don't know how. Has anyone ever ordered that sponge filter?
    Can you guys please recommend sponge filters and include links please?
    Thank you!:)

2. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

I have about 10 of these in various sizes and like them a lot. The mini is a corner sponge filter that doesn't eat up a small tank. I have the size small in some 10Gs. A but intrusive to the decor in little tanks but does an excellent job.

DrsFosterSmith

3. ChiefBrody Member Member

$8 on ebay 2a0623b6d5f00d5f19182705639ec676.jpg 7074fce61d5d0013b83874df73a2cfc2.jpg

The small ones were $4

4. Noviceinwisconsin Initiate Member

Sponge filters are awesome! Best option for a 10g in my opinion.

5. BlissfulBetta Well Known Member Member

Thank you! Sorry, I know this thread is a little old now, but I am finally getting g around to getting a sponge filter. You said you got the small, not the mini for a 10 gallon? It's not too big? It says the small is for tanks up to 40 gallons. Does the small leave much room for plants and decorations in a 10 gallon? :)

Is this a good option too? :)
    https://www.lifewithpetsgci.com/store/p20/Small_Sponge_Filters_Xy180.html

6. DonovanC98 Initiate Member

Yes they are great because depending on the one you get you can change the direction of the current.

7. fishychachki Member Member

8. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

I have used both the small and the mini in a 10G. Yes the small would be a little tricky to aquascape around. IMO the mini is only large enough for a very lightly stocked 10G tank. It would probably be fine for a couple bettas or guppies, or a typical nano stocking. Sponges are supplemental filters in many of my tanks.