Question Splitting fins?

ZoeNC1

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So my betta has been a lot more active (yay!) but suddenly I’ve noticed his fins are looking a bit well, shredded. I ruled out din rot as it happened too quickly and it was pretty uniform. I don’t think it’s his tank mates as the neons don’t seem to care about him and the Corys May get a little close but I’ve never seen them try it with the other betta they were with before. I believe it may be a sharp decoration in my tank (will do a thorough check soo) or what I think may be the case, self biting. I’ve caught him several times over the last two days turning around and seeing to mess with his tail. But it is looking really shredded rather than bitten so I’m confused. Would appreciate any help or info you guys can give :)

If he is a biter then I think a reason for it could be he smells /senses the previous betta that was taken out of the tank. I had done a 30% water change but I don’t think it was enough to get rid of the previous bettas “smell”.

Again thanks for your input :)

OP
ZoeNC1

ZoeNC1

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ZoeNC1 said:
So my betta has been a lot more active (yay!) but suddenly I’ve noticed his fins are looking a bit well, shredded. I ruled out din rot as it happened too quickly and it was pretty uniform. I don’t think it’s his tank mates as the neons don’t seem to care about him and the Corys May get a little close but I’ve never seen them try it with the other betta they were with before. I believe it may be a sharp decoration in my tank (will do a thorough check soo) or what I think may be the case, self biting. I’ve caught him several times over the last two days turning around and seeing to mess with his tail. But it is looking really shredded rather than bitten so I’m confused. Would appreciate any help or info you guys can give :)

If he is a biter then I think a reason for it could be he smells /senses the previous betta that was taken out of the tank. I had done a 30% water change but I don’t think it was enough to get rid of the previous bettas “smell”.

Again thanks for your input :)
Sorry for the lack of photos but he wouldn’t show me his fins for some reason.

Also if you guys know how to heal his fins faster I’d appreciate it very much.

New Threads