splashing water noise

smokeypea

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me how to stop the filters in my tank from amke a splashing noise? i have Bio wheels and after doing a water change today it sounds like a waterfall, i rasied the level of water and then lowered it but it didnt make any difference, no mechanical noise, just water, driving me nuts.The filter cartridges are inplace ok. Thanks

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a bio-wheel also and I have found that you need the water level probably around a half inch above the part of the filter that is in the water that the water comes out. Do you get what I'm saying or no?

Austin

smokeypea

Reaction score
T hink i get what you mean, just checked water level and it looks as if its where you said, going to add some more water tomorrow and see if that helps, but its nearly at the very top of the tank now. I bet i will get it right then have to do another water change and be back to square one :Thanks for reply though.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just pour water in after every water change until I don't hear much noise, you'll hear some noisce though.

_________________________ this is where the water should be. or higher

________________________ this is the filter

Austin

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Which model filter do you have? It makes a difference if you have a power filter or one of the ones built into the hood and in the aquarium kits. For those that are in the hoods there is a level of water to be maintained in the tanks and if that is maintained the water runs smoothly out of the oulets and into the main aquarium tank so there is no splashing. If you have the water level too high on this type of filter, it will either overflow the tank or back up into the bio-wheel chamber. If it is a HOB or Power filter then I do not have the answer for you.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom