Spinning Cory Please Help Help

1. MudSkipper Member Member

2. Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

Could you post a video of it?

3. MudSkipper Member Member

I cant post a video at the moment, but the fish cant stay upright when they aren't moving, and when they do move, think of it as "barrel-rolling" through the water

4. Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

All i can think of is bloatedness.

5. MudSkipper Member Member

They wont eat, and arent bloated, if not thin

6. Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

I don't know what it is, maybe @Coradee would know.

7. MudSkipper Member Member

Please anyone! This has happened to 2 other corydoras! Im concerned that it's contagious!

8. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

It sounds like mabee an internal parasite of some kind.

9. MudSkipper Member Member

The Cordydoras were quarantined for two months I would think that most diseases would have shown up

10. MudSkipper Member Member

Did some research I think my fish has Whirling Disease....I think I have to euthanize her....

11. MudSkipper Member Member

Anyone elses' advice? please?

12. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

To many possibilities. With 0 nitrate, I'm suspecting uncycled tank.

Do you see anything other then the swimming on the fish? Look at gills, fins, barbells, skin....everything.

Do you know what your GH is at?

13. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Could it be chloride / chloramine in your (tap)water?

There is not such a thing as whirlingdisease in Corys. In Salmon there is

14. MudSkipper Member Member

The cory died yesterday sadly, but I would still like to find out if this is contagious or if I should be concerned.
    The tank is cycled, and has plants. I do 50% water changes every week.

1: I use water conditioner at every water change, Python style, double dosing the tank with water conditioner beforehand.

2: Barbels, Scales, gills and fins are not reddened, shredded or scratched, just began to spin after doing a water change... Am I not dosing enough water conditioner?

15. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry you lost him.

It sounds like he was sensitive to changes in the tank, and he went into shock. Was your temp with in 4 degrees of the tank when you did your water change? Was the PH with in .4 between the tap and the tank?

What water conditioner are you using? Does it remove Chlorimine Or just chlorine?

16. Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

I am sorry for your loss and that none of us could find out what it is.

17. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

If this happened after a water change, my guess would be shock. Either temperature or more likely PH differences. Can you check the tanks ph and the tap water ph?

18. Retro Initiate Member

Sounded like a swim bladder problem to me. Could be caused by anything: water parameters, being bullied/stress, internal parasite, temp flux, old age, ect.

19. MudSkipper Member Member

That day it was very hot (80F) and the water was around (73F) I used prime, I assume the Ph was off too (didnt test) because I had a 13 day vacation. I will be more careful next time :(