Spin The Wheel And Pick A Tetra

Discussion in 'Tetras' started by Nada Mucho, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Which tetra do you prefer?

1. Ember Tetra

2. Ruby Tetra

3. Green Neon Tetra

4. Red Phantom Tetra

5. Black Phantom Tetra

6. Serpae Tetra

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nada Mucho

Nada MuchoWell Known MemberMember

I'm putting together a 30 gallon tank and would like a bit of help deciding on stock. I've planted my tank out and it's looking pretty good. Sides and back are getting tall, big hardscape in the middle, dark substrate. I'm running an Eheim 350 Classic Canister filter and I'm running two AquaRay Grobeam 600 Ultima LED lights. I'd probably call it medium light.

In a few weeks I'm getting a red cherry shrimp breeder pack (10 females, 5 males) and I'm going to attempt to get them up and running before adding any fish. Hoping to give the adults a break (I know fry are prey for any fish) I've chosen Espe's (Lambchop) Rasboras and Edler's Livebearers for their size and temperament. I'm also going to add tetras using one of the small breeds.

I've narrowed my choices down to six of the smallest and I'd curious as to which people prefer. I've added links if anyone cares to look at an image or read details.Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.

Tetra Candidates
    Ember Tetra (Hyphessobrycon amandae)
    Green Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon simulans)
    Red Phantom Tetra (Hyphessobrycon sweglesi
    Black Phantom Tetra (Hyphessobrycon megalopterus
    Serpae Tetra (Hyphessobrycon eques)

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

the phantoms and the serpaes will eat your shrimp :)

I suggest going with the smaller species so either the ruby, ember or green neon tetra! Personally I would go with the green neon or the ember tetra

3. OP
    OP
    Nada Mucho

Yes I wasn't sure. Those three are a bit larger than the others by about 10mm so I knew it was more of a risk. Since my other two choices have a lot of red I was really thinking about the green neons. Thank you now you pick one and vote. :)

4. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Yeah, can't decide between the green neons or the ember tetra! It will really depend whether you like red or neon blue/green

Personally I have lambchop rasboras and love to see that people are keeping them! I find them far better than harlequin rasboras.

5. OP
    OP
    Nada Mucho

Nice! Any tips? My very first tank so I'll take all the help I can get...

6. acb

acbNew MemberMember

That's a nice looking tank. Good job!

7. OP
    OP
    Nada Mucho

Very kind of you acb. It's doing well it seems. That picture is from a week ago and everything has visibly grown since then. I really enjoyed putting it together and am now loving the next step in planning and introducing stock. Thank you very much for you words.

8. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Amazing tank! Very beautiful!!!

The both the red and blue would stand out!

9. OP
    OP
    Nada Mucho

Al913 very nice of you. To me it still seems so... rookie... but the encouragement is quite welcome. Thank you very much.

10. JeffK

JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I voted ember tetras - they look great against dark substrate!

11. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

I think i'd do either the ember or the ruby tetras...which ever looked more red. I like color opposites though :)

12. BetrayerWell Known MemberMember

I would go with the green neons for sure! I think they will look great in your tank. The rasboras and red cherry shrimp will bring a lot of red tones to your tank, so the green neons will be a nice contrast.

13. LevibeastValued MemberMember

Green neons look really cool!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice