Spider alert! if you do not like spiders do not views this….You have been warned

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most of these were shot with the MP-E65. all are flash, some with the 580EXII, others with the twin head MT24. All were handheld.

I hope you enjoy these.

1. A small jumping spider. aprox 3/32" in size.

2. a small jumper.

3. A crab spider waiting in ambush.

4. This one was around 1/4"

5. Close up of a wolf.

6. An orb weaver.

7. And to finish, a web with dewdrops.

Last edited by a moderator:

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Did i mention that your my favorite new member? No? You are. Yup. If the photography skills didn't do it, the spiders did. Amazing pictures.

Quinn_Lamb98

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
again:jawdrop:
soltariannight- what do you consider as new member... cause i am pritty dang awesome.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did i mention that your my favorite new member? No? You are. Yup. If the photography skills didn't do it, the spiders did. Amazing pictures.
Awwww shucks *blush* Thank you

Spiders are a favorite subject of mine…Except when they wake me up in the middle of the night by walking across my leg…They end up outside…We have a spider friendly environment at our lodge.

I'm very anti spider, but your pics almost made them cute
Thank you featherblue

again:jawdrop:
soltariannight- what do you consider as new member... cause i am pritty dang awesome.

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Awwww shucks *blush* Thank you

Spiders are a favorite subject of mine…Except when they wake me up in the middle of the night by walking across my leg…They end up outside…We have a spider friendly environment at our lodge.

We have Huntsmen Spiders around here, NOT A FAN. Viscous little buggers. However, all the others are pretty cool, Orchard Orbweaver are amazing if you havn't seen them before.

Ava

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'll second that! My older bro and I used to go out and catch spiders all the time. Good times.

Personally, I like banana spiders.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That close up on the wolf spider is amazing, well done.
Thank you cichlidmac

We have Huntsmen Spiders around here, NOT A FAN. Viscous little buggers. However, all the others are pretty cool, Orchard Orbweaver are amazing if you havn't seen them before.
Thank you soltarianknight

I am not familiar with the huntsman.

My thoughts exactly

I'll second that! My older bro and I used to go out and catch spiders all the time. Good times.

Is this a banana spider?

Ava

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How big is it and where'd you find it? It looks kinda close, but not quite.

Oh, and I have to say that "banana spider" probably isn't the technical term for it. It's just what we called them. We used to find them all the time at my grandparent's house. They were bigger than the average spiders we used to catch and they weren't hard to find. We always found their webs stretched between tall weeds down by the pond...at right about eye level. They're BRIGHT yellow all over with large black bands across they're body and legs. Very fun to play with.;D Your guy doesn't look very yellow, but it does have the darker bands. Maybe he's a long lost cousin.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How big is it and where'd you find it? It looks kinda close, but not quite.

Oh, and I have to say that "banana spider" probably isn't the technical term for it. It's just what we called them. We used to find them all the time at my grandparent's house. They were bigger than the average spiders we used to catch and they weren't hard to find. We always found their webs stretched between tall weeds down by the pond...at right about eye level. They're BRIGHT yellow all over with large black bands across they're body and legs. Very fun to play with.;D Your guy doesn't look very yellow, but it does have the darker bands. Maybe he's a long lost cousin.
Found it down near a pond in a 2' web. it was 1 1/2"nose to butt in size. I believe they are call corn spiders around here. The proper name in the book is yellow garden spider Argiope aurantia

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

Banana spider is a loose term that refers to a group of Yellow Orb Weavers. You are probably thinking of the Golden orb weaver. They are HUGE with webs over 10 feet in diameter.
Thank you soltarianknight

I am not familiar with the huntsman.
[term]=giant%20huntman%20spider&filters[primary]=images

The largest species of Wolf spider, very aggressive. Super fast.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Banana spider is a loose term that refers to a group of Yellow Orb Weavers. You are probably thinking of the Golden orb weaver. They are HUGE with webs over 10 feet in diameter.

[term]=giant%20huntman%20spider&filters[primary]=images

The largest species of Wolf spider, very aggressive. Super fast.
Oh yeah, that is a big spider!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are my favorite of all the spiders. They are a challenge to shoot because of their small size, and they have the habit of jumping on the lens.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom