Spending too much time here?

scatty

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
....well, last night I had a dream that I woke up one morning, went to check the fish, and they'd gone! Overnight, someone had come in and replaced my little 5 gallon with about 10 new tanks. I had 6 10-20 gallon betta tanks, all stocked with stunning bettas, and another 4 or 5 huge tanks, all fully stocked with gorgeous fish, beautifully planted, and I couldn't find my beloved betta and corys anywhere! Eventually I did find them, and then started worrying if the tanks had all been cycled properly!

Have you all sent me insane? Maybe I should turn the computer off for a while and go for a walk?....get some fresh air....

Needless to say I was relieved to see everything untouched when I got up this morning - maybe a little disappointed too, if I'm to be totally honest with myself...

SWilkins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is just way too funny!

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That is hilarious.. Only people on here would understand that dream..lol..I wouldn't tell your non fish loving buddies..lol..I've had my fair share of crazy fish dreams too. I think it all steams from this site.

Betta_dude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Been there, done that. Ive had a few, usually involving bettas. I had one where I was looking at "my" fish tank, and suddenly I was thinking HOLLY CRUD! My betta was trying to eat all the fish, so I had to save them.

TFA101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've so been in that situation, where someones taken your fish and replaced them, and then you wonder about compatibility and cycling, and it just turns into a mess... then you wake up. I've had countless dreams like that since joining fishlore.

scatty

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years

Oh, this is just so funny. I thought I'd gone mad, now i realise I'm just becoming one of you!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That was cute (although disturbing for you).

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
:whistling: I nevah dream about my fish or FL.

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hmmm just last ight i had one that i had 6 oscars in a 55 GALLON TANK and i couldnt get them in a biger tank so i had to watch them suffer!!! nightmare maybe

coffeebean

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i have fish dreams all.the.time. im sure everyone in my real life thinks im crazy. my enablers understand though

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ever find your self trying not to talk about fish while hanging out with freinds?

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
gmen4life said:
ever find your self trying not to talk about fish while hanging out with freinds?
YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

None of my "non-Fishlore" friends or my family understand my fish passion! They think I'm nuts. But, they always appreciate my tanks when they come over and see them.

ATKINSON

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I dreamed that my betta jumped from his 5gallon tank to my 75gallon tank and started harassing my discus and clown loaches.( This was especially weird because I didnt own any discus at that time) Even weirder is that my Betta tank is at least 10m away from my 75gallon. WEIRD!!

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bolivianbaby said:
YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

None of my "non-Fishlore" friends or my family understand my fish passion! They think I'm nuts. But, they always appreciate my tanks when they come over and see them.
lol its hard not 2 sometimes isnt it?

Gouramiguy17

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
omg i had a creepy dream about fish too last night, i had went to a new lfs and i asked them if they had a breeding pair of green dwarf gouramis and they said yes and they took me into this back room where they kept all these strange fish. They showed me the fish and i saw aN ILLEGAL breeding stimulant! I started to run out of the room when they grabbed me. I pushed one off into the rosy minnow tank and the minnows started attacking him and i shrugged the other off.i ran into my car and started my engine. i drove to my grandmas and hid in her basement. they found me in the basement and they had an army of quail??? i grabbed a shotgun off the fireplace mantle and started to shoot the advancing quail. Then the store owned's hired assasin pulled out a gun then i woke up

i know weird dream

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
gmen4life said:
lol its hard not 2 sometimes isnt it?
No doubt! Non-fish and animal people just don't get it!

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think maybe some fresh air would be good lol.

I've had fishy dreams where I'm back in my childhood bedroom and I find that I left a huge amazon aquarium behind when I grew up and moved out. The fish have been in there breeding for 20 years. There are plants growing out of the tank and filling the room. (the same bedroom is my nephew's room now so he probably would have noticed that lol)

In another one I open the trunk on my old car and two of my angels (to specific ones) are the size of dinner plates and can fly. They kind of float away slowly and I try to catch them but they drift up to far.

I think maybe we are all nuts!

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
thats why i come to this site, to find others as sane as i am lol

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
kloseo said:
thats why i come to this site, to find others as sane as i am lol
If you're looking for sanity, you're in the wrong place However, if you're looking for fishy INSANITY, you're right where you need to be

Tony G.

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

i get in trouble everyday for spending too much time here
i dont care though

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom