Specific Fish suggestions?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello, I'm not running out and getting fish today or anything just trying to do research and find out about dif fish.. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a tropical freshwater fish that would be good in a 20 gallon high (24L 16H 12frontto back) would inhabit the middle of the tank, extremly peacful good community fish, and doest need a big group (1-3 maybe 4 but not sure) good looking and colorful would be nice to..Any ideas?

Sam999

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi yo could possibly get some mollies don't need many other of the same species and are very hardy. You can also get them in many different colors and stay to them selves.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Platies or Swordtails come to mind. Mollies would probably work but they will take up lots of your stocking room in a 20gal. Is there a maximum on the total length the fish can take up? You would have many more options if you could do a school of 5-6 Lemon Tetras or something like that.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks I will look more into those .... I really didn't want more than 3 even just 1 is good. Mostly because of a lack of space.... I know the tetras are good but you have to get so many... I'm already thinking of a school of small corries and don't really want any more schools or shoals or big groups as I already have danios. I'll keep doing research, appreciate any other suggestions!

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A Golden Dwarf Acara (Nannacara Anomala) would inhabit the bottom to mid levels of the tank & will be quite happy kept on it's own. Males get just over 3" & females about 2". It would make a good centrepiece fish with your Danios up top & 3-4 Corys down the bottom. It would be a fraction overstocked but so long as you kept up a good water change shedule it shouldn't be a problem.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom