Spawning? Breeding tubes clearly visible

KribensisLover1

I asked last week about breeding tubes. Now I was looking again and the breeding tubes are clearly visible and I saw the fish with two tubes have a whitish substance come out of her and quickly disappear. It was NOT POOP. Was it pee? Or is that a spawning thing?
You must be registered to see images

bizaliz3

Without a photo, I can tell you what the "white substance" was. But it definitely doesn't sound like a normal breeding thing to me.

It does appear that you have a male and female. But the tubes are not fully extended. Particularly on the black one, who appears to be the female.

Here are a couple fully extended breeding tube examples.

The first one...the females tube is huge. This is what is looks like within 24 hours of spawning.

Sorry I cant help with the "white substance"...but if it was white stringy looking poop...that is a sign of internal parasites.

Upvote 0

KribensisLover1

Without a photo, I can tell you what the "white substance" was. But it definitely doesn't sound like a normal breeding thing to me.

It does appear that you have a male and female. But the tubes are not fully extended. Particularly on the black one, who appears to be the female.

The first one...the females tube is huge. This is what is looks like within 24 hours of spawning.

Sorry I cant help with the "white substance"...but if it was white stringy looking poop...that is a sign of internal parasites.

Thank you for replying! It was DEF not poop. It must have been pee as I saw it again yesterday. I’ve had white stringy poop in the past. This came out and floated for two sec then dissolved. Thank you for the pics that’s super helpful I don’t know what to expect!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Angelfishblues
Replies
Views
Cljensen
Replies
Views
Lvmyfsh
Replies