Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Spawn Log: HMxHM

1. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Here are the breeders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Maui
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Opal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spawn Tank
    They have been in for about 2 hours, I released the female an hour in.
    Temp-78-80
    Spawn tank is 1.5 gallons, filled halfway.
    I had some trouble getting Maui to build a nest, I added a piece of Indian almond leaf and he proceeded to build one. In my limited experience, IAL is a huge trigger for breeding, he is continuing to build his nest, occasionally chasing Opal.
    Notice the tank is covered with cling wrap to keep in humidity, this is necessary if you want the spawn to be healthy, the walls of the breeder should be dripping.
    No spawn yet, I will update when they start wrapping. Jwills95

Edit: Forgot to add, my goal for this spawn is for color. I am looking for a nice butterfly pattern with orange and blue marbled body. The next spawn will be focusing on form.

2. Jwills95

Jwills95 Valued Member Member

I love that male! And the female too! Looking forward to following this spawn log

3. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

I just PM'd you.
    I would wait an hour or so after adding styrofoam, bubble wrap, a Pringles lid, or something similar and release the female. Some males won't build a nest until the female has been released.
    Thank you:)
    Edit: You edited your post lol

4. ajint boo

ajint boo Valued Member Member

Great pair! I'm following along, I hope you get your planned coloring. This is so exciting:;banaman

5. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

I have absolutely no idea if they spawned. Maui has been guarding his nest and chasing Opal off, but I can't see any eggs. Opal has gotten pretty beat up so I took her out. She's floating in a cup in my sorority while I try and find a breeder net, she should be in a recovery tank but I don't have any more heaters:/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The nest is probably an inch thick at its deepest point.

6. ajint boo

ajint boo Valued Member Member

That's quite a nest! I hope there are eggs in it.

7. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

No eggs, Maui lost interest as soon as I took Opal out. I'm reconditioning them for a week and trying again.

8. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Following this as well, looks like you'll have some beauties!

9. ashtonbriann

ashtonbriann New Member Member

Following this! Very interested on what color the fry will be!

10. PiscesOrionlove

PiscesOrionlove New Member Member

also following, I am curious to see how to fry turn out!

11. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

This thread is 5 months old haha, these guys never spawned for me sadly. Both died as well:/ Maui got attacked by one of my other males and never recovered, he was just too beaten up. Opal(and the rest of my sorority) got some sort of fungus that I couldn't treat(I tried 5+ medications and even tried salts, which I am against) and they all died anyways.

12. PiscesOrionlove

PiscesOrionlove New Member Member

:'( Sad ending

Advertising