spasy oto

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Holy cow!!! otos and panda cories are so cute but my oto is well spastic is this normal by chance?? this little dude is going everywhere he ran into Inari (male betta) twice, Kappa (Bamboo shrimp) three times and the has scared the **** out of my cories twice and i do mean litterally anyway any idea as to normality of this?

thanx in advance

brent

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Otos are VERY hyper by nature when they feed off the glass of the aquarium and I believe this is what you are describing. It just means he has a great deal of algae to eat and is so very happy to get to work and do his job. Did you get more than one? He would be less hyper with a tank mate of his own species. You just have to let him go until he gets the algae eaten. It will lessen when he gets the glass fairly clean. LOL I got the biggest chuckle out of your post because I could see the little guy just going like crazy and they do scare the heck of you if you aren't used to it. It is normal and don't worry about it. Just let the little guy do his job. He has work to do to clean the tank.

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
alright well i just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that i would wake up tomorrow and find him floating belly up i'm sure none of the other fish would be happy about that the Panda cories seem to like to try and get him to play with them now its kinda funny
anyway thanx

brent

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just don't feed him until he gets the eating done on the glass as he will quit cleaning and get lazy. When he stops cleaning the glass as much and just hangs there then you can start feeding him something. You are going to like this little fish and have a good time watching him, but I do have a question. Did you quarantine your fish at all after you got them or just put them right in with Inari?

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah i do quarentine them for a bit they seem to do alright usually i also inspect them against online pics to check for anything abnormal they are all doing fine together tho poor bloated Inari likes to chase all the catfish around the tank until they run into the shrimp who spases out when this happens lol anyway yeah i do quarentine one store tried to sell me some fish that were under observation i was a bit **** off about that anyway thanx

brent

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah he has settled down a lot the cories however are well over active i think they need some ridiline (ADHD medicine)

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i know this is miss placed but it will be fast they are over active and fun to watch (like a 3 yr old that just ate a bowl of sugar) but my concern is that I haven't seen them eat their food the last pellet i dropped in there softened and my Bamboo shrimp scarfed it down that was last night tho so today i broke one into 4 pieces (more like 3 pieces and some powder) and threw them in at various points do cories come to the top when hungary like a betta? sorry i know it is miss placed but it seems to fit slightly right here i'm also posting a new topic on the cories page

Thanx

brent

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cories and Otos eat at night so you may try to give them their food after the light is out and then maybe the shrimp won't get it. Just do like you said break it up and put it in several areas and they will find it. But you probably won't see them do much eating as they do a lot of it at night. They move around a lot at night and if you can see where they cluster together try to put the food close to there.

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
alright thanx tho they don't seem to know where to cluster just yet and my shrimp is VERY active at night FYI thanx rose
~Inari

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Don't worry the fish will eat and they will learn how to outsmart the shrimp or if things get too tough you may have to return the shrimp or put them in the small tank. I really do not think your fish are in any danger though. They can find food in very small places and Otos can find food you cannot even see.

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
so i've noticed the cories are constantly nuzzling the gravel and the oto is well going crazy as if to say 'and all u can eat buffet!?!??!"

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom